PDA

View Full Version : Competition estimates

Fozzie
01-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Get them in before 6pm GMT UK Monday.

So what we need is an estimate of the total Free DC team production for the first Gauntlet week.

So that was from midnight on Tuesday to midnight Tuesday coming.

Bok could you supply the official result sometime Wednesday?

Thse that enter will be ranked by their absolute error from the correct figure. Tese ranks will go forward to next weeks estimate and the aggregate rank will correspond to the prizes that have been offered.

People putting up prizes could you confirm by PM and we'll rank them and post them here.

Fozcutus of Borg

Fozzie
01-22-2005, 02:18 PM
is 9,700,000

who's next

:Pokes:

sharder8
01-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, by the looks of Team Free DC's and Team XPC's current output . . . You should pass Team XPC in 6 2/3's years!
:shocked:

We'll have see if you can increase your output tenfold and sustain it, without XPC adding power (which they are known to routinely do), in order to pass Team XPC anytime soon. :Pokes:

:moon:

Will have to check back at the end of next week to see what ya' got under the hood at the end of the 2 week gauntlet! But, after 4 days of the gauntlet . . . you've only gained 800K. :sleepy:

<insert smiley for stirring the pot here (which is missing from your smiley collection :rolleyes:>

Harder

Bok
01-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by sharder8

Will have to check back at the end of next week to see what ya' got under the hood at the end of the 2 week gauntlet! But, after 4 days of the gauntlet . . . you've only gained 800K. :sleepy:

Harder [/B]

Actually it's 5.5M since the start of the gauntlet, where do you get 800K from :Pokes: :moon:

PY 222 has done double that himself........

http://stats.free-dc.org/gauntlet/gauntlet.php?proj=fadgauntlet

Fozzie,

I will attempt to get the exact score as of the midnight GMT update on tuesday night/wednesday morning but as I'll be in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the time, please confirm it yourself too!!

Bok :cheers:

em99010pepe
01-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Well, by the looks of Team Free DC's and Team XPC's current output . . . You should pass Team XPC in 6 2/3's years!

That's only because Free-DC team is in front of your team in projects like D2OL, TSC, DPAD, OGR, RC-72, eOn, PSP, DHEP, ChessBrain, Riesel, ZetaGrid, ClimatePrediction, Predictor, LHC, and so on....
We share our resources to a bunch of project not only for two or three.

Sorry guys for the offtopic.

:cheers:

Carlos

IronBits
01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Trolls! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
:rotfl:

PCZ
01-22-2005, 07:08 PM
XPC are a one project team.
We can equal them and still compete in other projects :cheers:

PS

IB
Thats a lot of horspower for a retired cruncher !!
Just play nice now and let me RK you :D

black_civic55
01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
this dude sharder8 just loves talkin crap. Look at what he's posting in the Fin-a-Drug Forums now...

http://www.find-a-drug.org.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3394&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

IronBits
01-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by PCZ

IB
Just play nice now and let me RK you :D :rotfl: :notworthy

sharder8
01-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Bok
Actually it's 5.5M since the start of the gauntlet, where do you get 800K from :Pokes: :moon:

PY 222 has done double that himself........

http://stats.free-dc.org/gauntlet/gauntlet.php?proj=fadgauntlet

That was based on the teams week totals @ 18:32 22-Jan-05 GMT. The week for this data starts on Mon. and ends on Sun. (Numbers taken from WoO's stats page.) (http://woo.gotdns.com/FrameStats/)

Team XPC: 7,898,130
Team Free DC: 8,724,176

Amount gained by Team Free DC to that point is: 826,046 points.

And yeah, I love to stir the pot and talk crap! :D

My attitude is if I cause trouble and it results in one or both teams adding more power to the project . . . the project wins! :p

If the project wins . . . the length of time to find the cures are reduced! :D

Considering my oldest brother was just diagnosed with Bladder Cancer and goes in for surgery on the 25th . . . I've got a vested interest in finding the cures for possibly myself, my kids, and everyone else! :eek:

To me, points, challenges, gauntlets, etc, are all fun and nice . . . but, I want the cures to be found!

Harder

Bok
01-22-2005, 08:56 PM
ah, so you meant, gained 800K on XPC...

And I agree, I'd like to see cures too, I lost my father to leukemia not too long ago :cry:

Bok

sharder8
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
XPC are a one project team.
We can equal them and still compete in other projects :cheers:

PS

IB
Just play nice now and let me RK you :D

True, XPC is basically only a one "main" team site . . . it is mainly a rather small tech site, that has supported [FAD] for only a little over a year.

Even with all Team Free DC's other projects, you should be able to thoroughly stomp us with the resources your site has. TSC Russia did it, but it took them over a year, and they have more resources dedicated to [FAD] then your site does.

Regardless, the project wins, (like I said earlier).

Have fun and we'll give ya' one heck of a fight! :D

Harder

black_civic55
01-22-2005, 09:09 PM
That was based on the teams week totals @ 18:32 22-Jan-05 GMT. The week for this data starts on Mon. and ends on Sun. (Numbers taken from WoO's stats page.) (http://woo.gotdns.com/FrameStats/)

Team XPC: 7,898,130
Team Free DC: 8,724,176

Amount gained by Team Free DC to that point is: 826,046 points.

And yeah, I love to stir the pot and talk crap! :D

My attitude is if I cause trouble and it results in one or both teams adding more power to the project . . . the project wins! :p

If the project wins . . . the length of time to find the cures are reduced! :D

Considering my oldest brother was just diagnosed with Bladder Cancer and goes in for surgery on the 25th . . . I've got a vested interest in finding the cures for possibly myself, my kids, and everyone else! :eek:

To me, points, challenges, gauntlets, etc, are all fun and nice . . . but, I want the cures to be found!

Harder

well in that case you a nice crap talker!!! keep it comin!!!!!:thumbs:

CaptainMooseInc
01-22-2005, 10:20 PM
**coughs**jackass**coughs**

*rubs his box with the Intel 1.6GHz chips*

I'll help as soon as it can. :D

sharder8
01-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
**coughs**jackass**coughs**

*rubs his box with the Intel 1.6GHz chips*

I'll help as soon as it can. :D

**cough**moose steaks**coughs**

While it's hard to beat a nice, fresh cut moose steak over a nice camp fire . . . . I do have a couple dozen moose recipes for ya' Cap'n! :eek:

As for the little Intel 1.6 . . . . I'll think of ya' when I upgrade, replacing a 400MHz K6-2 with a AthlonXP 3200+ (Barton, 400MHz FSB) that I'll OC the heck out of! :spank:

Also, looking at replacing my one server running dual PII Xeon 450's @ 500MHz with a dual Xeon ????? or a dual Opteron. :cheers:

Harder

PY 222
01-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Wait a minute here.

Can you even eat a moose? :scared:

sharder8
01-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
Wait a minute here.

Can you even eat a moose? :scared:

You bet!!

Good stuff Maynard!!

:D

Harder

IronBits
01-22-2005, 11:13 PM
It's THE BEST! :D

Moogie
01-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
It's THE BEST! :D

Um. I'll just take your word for it.:help:

MerePeer
01-24-2005, 07:07 AM
My guess is
:)

Helix_Von_Smelix
01-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Thought this would be via email!!!!!

9,170,001 is mine:D :D

Helix_Von_Smelix
01-24-2005, 07:25 AM
How many guesses can one have FOZZIE??

We are BORG and do not live by the rules of species 8472

IronBits
01-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Fozzie
is 9,700,000

who's next

:Pokes: Put me down for 12 million points please.

LAURENU2
01-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Put me down for 10 million points please.

TeeJay
01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
Thought this would be via email!!!!!

9,170,001 is mine:D :D

9,170,002 is mine:D :D:D

black_civic55
01-24-2005, 12:15 PM

CaptainMooseInc
01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
My estimate is:

@ Sharder:

Dual 1.6GHz chips...both OCed to 3GHz....so that makes 6GHz...and they're HT enabled so Windows will -technically- read it as a 4 processor system...making it appear that I actually have 12GHz....but that's just for pretties.

-Jeff

Helix_Von_Smelix
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Doh!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PY 222
01-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Put me down for 10.5 meelion please. :thumbs:

sharder8
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
@ Sharder:

Dual 1.6GHz chips...both OCed to 3GHz....so that makes 6GHz...and they're HT enabled so Windows will -technically- read it as a 4 processor system...making it appear that I actually have 12GHz....but that's just for pretties.

-Jeff

Sorry ta' tell ya' . . . but ya' fell for Intel's fallacy dream! :eek:

First, my AthlonXP 2800+ (2.08GHz) OC'd to 3200+ (2.25GHz) pulls a cpu score of 214-216, with a crap load running in the background. That should be higher rating than one of your "OC'd to 3GHz" P4's. :haddock:

Second, (Intel's fallacy) a virtual cpu is still a fake, that is sharing the cpu cycles of the real cpu. Since [FAD] utilizes "unused" cpu cycles . . . it divides the cycles between the real and virtual cpu. (Watch the clocks and check the point vs. time.)

Third, P4's have a weaker FPU than AthlonXP's, and since [FAD] is heavy FPU usage, AthlonXP's have a higher cpu rating.

Forth, due to the P4's inferior pipeline's, they do not perform as well as AthlonXP's, especially when using a heavy FPU application like [FAD].

So . . . . my new OC'd AthlonXP 3200+ and my current OC'd AthlonXP 2800+ together should out perform your OC'd dual P4's by ~ 50-60 points per hour.
:shocked:

What else ya' wanna' throw in the slow cooker??? Some ground moose chili . . . or moose rump roast???? :jester:

Harder

Note: Everyone that's tested and checked it out, decided that it was best to turn off the HT when it comes to [FAD] in order to get the better scores.

willy1
01-24-2005, 09:03 PM

Harder

Note: Everyone that's tested and checked it out, decided that it was best to turn off the HT when it comes to [FAD] in order to get the better scores.

:Pokes: Ah - NO!

I'll still take the 40% (or so) loss running HT. The math works out. :moon:

Dual Xeons - no HT 2 x 100 points/hr = 200/hr

or

dual Xeons with HT 4 x 60 points/hour = 240/hr

:machgun: and stay away from OUR moose-meat!:gangpunch

MerePeer
01-25-2005, 06:49 AM
The total at midnight Tuesday *1/25 00:58 (CDT)* was 9,257,320. But now I'm wondering, since Foz said Tuesday midnight but stats Weds, if this is the right number we (I) was estimating?
:confused:

ronbo54
01-26-2005, 02:13 PM
sharder8:

Hope all went well with your brothers surgery. My father also had Bladder Cancer surgery in October and is currently having radiation and chemo treatments

sharder8
01-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by ronbo54
sharder8:

Hope all went well with your brothers surgery. My father also had Bladder Cancer surgery in October and is currently having radiation and chemo treatments
Thanks for the well wishes Ronbo54! :D

He's home and doing a lot better today. We still need to wait and get the final results back, but the Doc said it looked real good for a full recovery. :D

Tomorrow, our other bro will arrive and then all hell should break lose . . . as it always does when the three of us are together. (Yeah, their computers are part of my herd. :p)

Harder

sharder8
01-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Just did a little check to see how Team Free DC is doing in their race to catch Team XPC and . . .

Yer' losing steam! :Pokes:

Looking at the weeks totals as of 06:37 27-Jan-05 GMT (week starts 0001 Mon), it looks like after 3.25 days, that Team Free DC has only gained 246,807 points over Team XPC. :sleepy:

Yer' goin' hav'ta do a lot better than that, if ya' wanna' make us worry! :rolleyes:

In the mean time, Team TechIMO has moved up a spot and is still picking up steam in their plan to put Team Free DC behind them in the near future. So, ya' better not plan on dropping any horsepower at the end of the guantlet, or you'll find them steam rolling ya' fairly quickly. :Pokes:

So . . .

Let's get down to some serious crunchin' for [FAD], and quit the playin' around!

Harder

IronBits
01-27-2005, 07:43 AM
4,271 days
11.7 years
I think you guys are safe, for a little while... :rolleyes: ;)

LAURENU2
01-27-2005, 10:46 AM
sharder8

It seems that you and XPC are more woried about us then we are about you.

We are just playing a game here So let us be Please

sharder8
01-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by LAURENU2
sharder8

It seems that you and XPC are more woried about us then we are about you.

We are just playing a game here So let us be Please
Lauren --

You've known me and the way I push for finding the cures through :Pokes: and prodding, to recruiting, and assisting TIMO at coming back to life, since you were a member of Team XPC. You also know that I've been to and go to several different teams websites pushing to get more people crunching by doing the same thing I've been doing here.

You also know dang well that XPC isn't worried and is more than able to take care of itself, and you saw that your leaving Team XPC had little effect on their output. So you know better than to even hint that I/we are worried. :rolleyes:

I also clarified my posting here in an earlier post . . . so that my intentions were clear.

Team Free DC has so much currently untapped potential for [FAD], and so much pride in their ability to put what they feel is needed to become the 1st place team, that it would be stupid to not goad them into bringing more power and resources into the fight for finding the cures. I think most of the older members of Free DC will tell you that they ARE capable of much greater output and have just started in their quest at [FAD].

While I did come here to see what kind of team you'd joined, I post here to help push them to the top by goading them into applying more resources. I didn't come here to post about you, your past, your team affiliation, or to post negatively about you. (So you can put your paranoia back in its box in the corner.)

You offer prizes to those that put forth the effort :D . . . I can't afford to do that:(! What I can afford to do is to bring attention to the project and when I see a team like Team Free DC, that isn't yet close to meeting their their capabilities, is to :Pokes:

Finally, don't forget that it was members of this team that stated in the [FAD] forums that they will "stomp" on anybody and everybody in their path, and that they would "stomp" on XPC next . . . ". Well, I see the potential, but I'm not seeing it happening. Hence the :Pokes:

Harder

Fozzie
01-27-2005, 04:00 PM
it would be nice to have FoBoT, Maefly,Ronbo54 and Beth hit FaD just to show you what we don't have crunching here. Each i would imagine has 60-100+ GHZ there are others too that have quite extensive pharms which are on other projects.

That's the thing though, everyone is Free to do exactly what they want when they want to.

The nature of Free DC, the great thing is that DC as a whole is benefitting, much as I and you would love to see it all hit this medical project,.

A lot of power is on D2OL and F@H.

:cheers: way to go everyone.

ronbo54
01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Sadly not in time for this gauntlet as I'm still trying to get healthy:bang:

Total power for each of those mentioned is probably 2-3X the high number though judging from past performances