PDA

View Full Version : SOB stats

black_civic55
02-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to have project rank on the stats page along with team rank?? Obviously if we could I'm sure it would have been done but i remember reading on the SOB website forums Bok and Ironbits asking this. Wondering if anything ever came of it.

Bok
02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
The output that the SOB team produce does nto contain enough information for me to produce accurate stats for all teams and users unfortunately.

IB has asked repeatedly on the SOB forum for help from the SOB admins but they obviously don't care enough to answer....

Bok

black_civic55
02-20-2005, 05:02 PM
hmm dont care enough.... makes me almost wanna stop running SOB. In fact I am for now. Maybe run EON on at least one comp.

em99010pepe
02-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by black_civic55
hmm dont care enough.... makes me almost wanna stop running SOB. In fact I am for now. Maybe run EON on at least one comp.

You may want to schedule a task whenever the windows boots up.

1. Goto Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Scheduled Tasks
2. Click on "Add Scheduled Task" to start the wizard.
3. Browse to the program "client.exe".
4. Select "When my computer starts".
5. Fill in the user name and password for logging onto that computer.
6. Check the box for "Open Special Properties", then click "Finish".
7. Click the tab for "Settings".
8. Uncheck the box for "Stop the task if it runs ...".
9. Click "Apply" and "OK".

The next time you boot the computer, the eOn program will begin automatically and invisibly. If you need to stop the program, use the Task Manager to end client.exe.

:cheers:

Carlos

black_civic55
02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
thanks, thats a pretty smart way to hide this thing till the new client comes out.

IronBits
02-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by black_civic55
hmm dont care enough.... makes me almost wanna stop running SOB. In fact I am for now. Maybe run EON on at least one comp. Don't do that!
http://marcc.no-ip.org/sob/Teamstats.php
That should help :thumbs: :D

black_civic55
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
wow thats one amazing stats page. I didn't stop it completely. I still have one P4 running it. But right now the 2 other P4's are running EON.

wirthi
02-21-2005, 04:13 AM
The admins (jjjjl and kugano) are very activley taking part in the discussions in the forum - at least in the science relevant parts and when there are major bugs in the client.

They don't really seem to like IronBit's request though. Perhaps a little more pressure from other members in IronBit's thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8155) could help.

It's mentioned there that they rather work on the V3 version of the client than improving the V2-stats-system but that message comes from somebody who is not in the core team (AFAIK) so I don't know if that's "official news".