PDA

View Full Version : More agents required

PCZ
03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
The thing is that we still don't have enough agents to do all the measurements we need in the rate that we need. So while we want agents to be spread, it is very useful for us to have in each point clusters of agents, so that we'll be able to perform enough measurements from that point.
Cheers,
Eran

:Pokes:

pfb
03-14-2005, 06:34 PM
running all I can but I think I'm too close to PCZ (geographically wise) ;) :p

One of us will have to stop or move :rotfl:

Teams doing well on points but not every DC project is about points (or so I'm told ;))

CaptainMooseInc
03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
PCZ....you have so many names on the team...why not get them merged???

-Jeff

Evilmoose
03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
You think me being in the midwest will help?
I have 8 boxes running it and could add a few more:D All on the same ID of course.
Has anyone figured out how to run more than one instance per box?

CaptainMooseInc
03-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I can't figure out how to run more than one instance per box, but there is a way to run the same name on 10 different boxes. :)

Yeah, being in the Midwest will help. Being anywhere will help unless you're like next door to each other...

:p

-Jeff

PCZ
03-15-2005, 11:28 PM
CaptainMooseInc

The reason I have several user names is that each client you run is supposed to have a unique name.

If you try to use the same name on each node when it registers dimes add somes numbers to your name making it unique.

You cant merge the nodes at the present time.
The next version of the client is supposed to allow this.

However there are ways to have more than one node using the same username I tried this with PCZ2.
Look at the thread 'PCZ stats' to find out how.

You have already discovered that the client will only run one instance so you cant run multiple copies on one PC.

-Xp-
03-16-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm downloading the client. Let's see how it runs ;)

Angus
03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Stats broken? Numbers haven't changed in well over 24 hours. the client seems to be doing it's thing just fine.

Evilmoose
03-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I noticed that too. Good thing it takes so little resorces, Ill let it run and hope for the best.

-Xp-
03-19-2005, 09:30 AM
My client is already up and running, but I haven't seen my stats update.
Is the server down?

CaptainMooseInc
03-19-2005, 09:33 AM
No stats for a couple of days now....

*moves mouse button overtop of the little cactus icon, right clicks, and hits close*

That's what's going to happen if I don't see some stats updates by Monday...

-Jeff

black_civic55
03-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
No stats for a couple of days now....

*moves mouse button overtop of the little cactus icon, right clicks, and hits close*

That's what's going to happen if I don't see some stats updates by Monday...

-Jeff

i dont really see a need to close it, it doesnt take up any of the computer's resouces, and they said they were doing a lot of updating to their stats.

em99010pepe
03-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Eran wrote this on DIMES forum:

Hi Guys, sorry for the late reply, the trip back from Miami was really long...
So first of all, (in the words of the great late Douglas Adams):
Don't Panic
The stats are not lost, not even one measurement. They are just hidden from view, mainly due to the fact that site updating is one of my chores usually and I've been, well, kinda busy in Miami raving to all of the professors about what a great community we are building and how fun it is to work with you guys. More on that (plus pictures) will come soon.
In any case, (and in case this will happen in the future..), our system is built so that every measurement that was received from the agent will be accounted for, even if for some reason the statistics database is not updated concurrently.
In short, the website needs updating, and I'm working on it. Hopefully by end of day tomorrow we'll be passed it.
Cheers,
Eran

em99010pepe
03-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Stats are up.

Which java version do you all use?

Carlos

-Xp-
03-20-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm running version 1.5.0

meep
03-20-2005, 11:25 AM
New to this DC malarky...

Been setting up FAD and just installed this, running it from Bristol, UK - hope it helps.

Meep.

black_civic55
03-20-2005, 11:47 AM
every little bit helps!