PDA

View Full Version : Not able to do any work past school

birdman2584
03-30-2005, 06:26 PM
I had this problem on the last release of the client. When i try to do work on dimes, it wont go anywhere past a certain point here at school. I think they have it blocked to stop it from going any further, which means i cant get any ases or aslinks. Anyone have a suggestion of what i can do to get around this problem?

black_civic55
03-30-2005, 06:28 PM
it might be because of the UDP instead of ICMP. A new client is coming out again real soon with sum fixes and an option to run ICMP instead of UDP.

birdman2584
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by black_civic55
it might be because of the UDP instead of ICMP. A new client is coming out again real soon with sum fixes and an option to run ICMP instead of UDP.

lol, i have no idea what UDP and ICMP is, but if it fixes it that would be great.:smoking:

black_civic55
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
haha im not positive either but i'll go with there a type of ping?? ICMP only works for me also.

CaptainMooseInc
03-30-2005, 09:45 PM
IMCP: Internet Control Message Protocol, the standard error and control message protocol for Internet systems. Defined in RFC 792. The most well known use of ICMP messages is the Echo Request - Echo Reply sequence used by ping.

UDP: User Datagram Protocol, is one of the protocols for data transfer that is part of the TCP/IP suite of protocols. UDP is a stateless protocol in that UDP makes no provision for acknowledgment of packets received, i.e. it will not tell you if data was received at the destination.

I did a quick search on google using the phrase define: with what I wanted defined right after the colon without a space.

I understand what it says perfectly, so I'm hoping it'll at least light a candle for you guys.

Those are the definitions. I could see why IMCP is more friendly for you. My ZoneAlarm client blocks a lot of UDP functionality.

-Jeff