PDA

View Full Version : Down and up...

CaptainMooseInc
04-01-2005, 11:53 PM
My FaD systems are down. One of the clients was overheating my dad's computer so he's permanently off my DCing borged list.

I have stopped my FaD client on my home PC and installed SoB in its place. I really wanna do some math work.

I don't know how good my client is doing cEM/s wise but hopefully it's not too bad.

If I find that I don't like SoB then I'll move to another math project.

I hate LLRNET and I'm looking at RieselSieve as another option. If RieselSieve is anything like SoB then I'll jump to it, but if RieselSieve uses that LLRNET crap then I'm staying w/ SoB.

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
04-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey Bok,

Could you add DIMES and SoB to my sig please?

Thanks!!!

-Jeff

Pconfig
04-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
My FaD systems are down. One of the clients was overheating my dad's computer so he's permanently off my DCing borged list.

I have stopped my FaD client on my home PC and installed SoB in its place. I really wanna do some math work.

I don't know how good my client is doing cEM/s wise but hopefully it's not too bad.

If I find that I don't like SoB then I'll move to another math project.

I hate LLRNET and I'm looking at RieselSieve as another option. If RieselSieve is anything like SoB then I'll jump to it, but if RieselSieve uses that LLRNET crap then I'm staying w/ SoB.

-Jeff

Rieselsieve is using the new LLR client, you should take a look at it. There is a remote GUI option and everything :). Also faster then the old client!

http://rieselsieve.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388

IronBits
04-02-2005, 09:35 AM
A good FAQ on SOB can be found here: http://teamprimerib.com/sob/faq.php

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I'm sticking with SoB unless I find Dnet OGR attractive.

I really like the program and the ease of use. I just did a bit of digging around on the RieselSieve project. It's changed a little bit since I first looked at it but it's got too much hands on work to be a good DC project.

Plus there are SOOOOO many math projects running right now that all -appear- to be doing relatively the same thing.

Hell...I think half of them are just there to verify stuff for GIMPS.

I'll stick with my SoB.

-Jeff

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2005, 10:13 AM
I've just noticed that I've been getting a lot of "could not resolve hostname - block added to submit queue" messages. Is the SoB server down? I've still got well over 2000 blocks left to process so I'm not worried about running out of work before it comes back up...I'm just a stats junkie for this project cause of all those really big pretty numbers. :)

11.5 hours and I'm 4.4% done processing my chunk of numbers....

So let's say 12 hrs for 5% (I found out that my FaD client decided to load itself back up last night after I stopped it so I had to uninstall it this morning). That means 1200 hours for 100% (roughly unless this thing speeds up or slows down anywhere in the middle or end).

That's 50 days of processing which is about 1.6667 months for 1 chunk of numbers. Is this correct or am I screwing up the numbers somewhere?

-Jeff

Pconfig
04-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
I've just noticed that I've been getting a lot of "could not resolve hostname - block added to submit queue" messages. Is the SoB server down? I've still got well over 2000 blocks left to process so I'm not worried about running out of work before it comes back up...I'm just a stats junkie for this project cause of all those really big pretty numbers. :)

11.5 hours and I'm 4.4% done processing my chunk of numbers....

So let's say 12 hrs for 5% (I found out that my FaD client decided to load itself back up last night after I stopped it so I had to uninstall it this morning). That means 1200 hours for 100% (roughly unless this thing speeds up or slows down anywhere in the middle or end).

That's 50 days of processing which is about 1.6667 months for 1 chunk of numbers. Is this correct or am I screwing up the numbers somewhere?

-Jeff

5% is 1/20 of 100% ;)

Si it's 12x20 = 240 and that's 10 days :shocked:

But euh i push my test back within 3 days ;)

About the server i think they are changing DNS you can use www.seventeenorbust.com:1717 as server, works for me!

CaptainMooseInc
04-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I knew I was doing my math wrong! Bad Jeff! Bad Jeff!

:machgun: :bonk: :sniper: :flame: