PDA

View Full Version : Mental illness sucks and spending money doesn't help

jasong
04-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey, guys, before I start this topic, let me say I'm outta the woods and it's a little late to tell me,"It's not worth it."

2 Thursdays ago I became depressed to the the point of being suicidal. I haven't looked at my posts to see what I was doing online at the time because, to be honest, I'm a little nervous. Anyway...

2 FRIDAYS ago I went with my mental health group to the local Target. Being desperate to get out of my slump, I took out my debit card and spent the equivalent of 20 days of work at my present job. I essentially wiped out the safety net I'd spent two months building up on a Playstation Portable and a RPG called Untold Legends.

Other than the fact I've watched Spiderman 2, played some of the game and smudged up the screen(I can clean it), it is an absolutely perfect piece of machinery with no bad pixels that I can detect. Everything has been opened and I stepped on the styrofoam it came in going to the bathroom late at night(It's in many, many pieces so it's useless).

Local tax was almost $20 if yuou include the game. I don't know what kind of deal $250 plus tax was(Total expenditure, including game, was about $315), but if you can find anyone that wants a Playstation Portable, be sure to point out that the original purchase was because of mental illness and ask them to offer me exactly $250. If I can sell it for $250 I will be a lot happier.

Please don't ask for a cheaper price, I'm asking for an act of compassion to correct an error I made when I was distraught.

I can survive the monetary loss, but 20 days pay is extreme for anyone. I am looking for a good Samaritan more than out-n-out saviour.

Thank you for your consideration.

[Edited because I don't want to be a greedy bastard]

Twiztid Truckie
04-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Good Luck Jasong. Thats a good deal you have there, and i hope you can sell it. I myself was looking to get one of those, but im about $200 shy of getting one. Anyway, my wife would kill me if i had gotten one anyway. If ever you feel alone, sad, or depressed, feel free to look me up. I am always open for chat! Were here for ya buddy :) So relax, and try to enjoy life!

Brian and Family :):):)

jasong
04-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Twiztid Truckie
Good Luck Jasong. Thats a good deal you have there, and i hope you can sell it. I myself was looking to get one of those, but im about $200 shy of getting one. Anyway, my wife would kill me if i had gotten one anyway. If ever you feel alone, sad, or depressed, feel free to look me up. I am always open for chat! Were here for ya buddy :) So relax, and try to enjoy life!

Brian and Family :):):) Thanks Truckie.

I would like to add that if I get more than one response, I'll probably run a Ghetto lottery to see who gets to buy it. That means monopoly dice, quarters, and assigning each entrant a "slot." Should take me longer to prepare than to actually declare a winner, lol.

I'm hoping I'll have a potential buyer or buyers by the 20th.

Please click here (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=83149#post83149) if you're interested.