PDA

View Full Version : questions about selling psp on ebay

jasong
04-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey, guys, I'm getting no offers for my $250 Playstation Portable with Untold Legends Game. Assuming there's no interest shown by the 21st(Thursday), do you guys have any advice about selling on Ebay?

Packing, what to write, S&H, etc.? I'm thinking about making the minimum bid $240 and putting "S&H and insurance included with bid" meaning the bid amount's the whole shebang. Can you guys come up with a better phrasing?

CaptainMooseInc
04-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Coming from an experienced eBay seller I'd suggest this:

Title: Almost NEW PSP Handheld w/ Game! No Reserve!!!

You can also use the abbreviation NR for NO RESERVE.

Start you minimum bid at a .99 number. So try 239.99 or something like that. It looks like there is a flood of PSPs on there. Most likely it would be smarter to start the bidding at 199.99 and pray it gets to $240. Most likely it'll end around $225.

Make shipping $13 Standard USPS Media Mail. Insurance Optional @ $10.00. Guarentee that it will ship out within 2 business days after payment is confirmed. If you have Paypal accept Paypal. Note that if someone pays with a Credit Card via Paypal then you'll get hit for about a $10-15 in a "charge" from Paypal for accepting a credit card. Set the auction for 5 or 7 days, your choice. I suggest you list it so the auction ends on a Thurs, Fri, or Sat night around 10-11PM EST. Highest amount of sniper bidding and people get crazy and pay WAYYYY too much sometimes. :)

If you really wanna wait you can accept Money Orders but that takes so much longer.
DO NOT FOR ANY REASON SHIP THE PSP IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX ALONE!!! PUT IT ALL IN THE ORIGINAL BOX AND PACKAGE IT UP INSIDE A PLAIN, STURDY CARDBOARD BOX.

For the description try something along these lines:

BARELY USED PSP WITH RETAIL BOX AND ONE GAME!!!

I purchased this new gaming console on impulse and really really am in need of the cash again. I have only played this thing (insert number of times). It's really awesome and I hope to be able to get another one later on when my financial situation is more secure. Please pick up this great deal and help me out! You get a big discount and I can pay the bills for the month! Happy Bidding!

Auction Includes:
1 PSP Handheld Game System
1 (name of game) Game
1 PSP AV Adapter
1 Original Box and packaging
etc...etc...etc...

Hope I've helped.

-Jeff

PS2pcGAMER
04-19-2005, 11:48 PM
The PSP has a rap of having bad pixels which may or may not be true. Maybe people are afraid your's has lots of dead pixels are you are trying to pawn it off on them, so if you don't have any dead pixels, make sure that is clear.

CaptainMooseInc
04-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Also make sure (if you still have them) to say you'll include original receipts (MAKE SURE YOUR CC# ISN'T TOTALLY LISTED ON THEM OR THE MERCHANT ID#). That way if DEAD PIXELS show up then the buyer has an easier time getting a replacement from Sony.

-Jeff

jasong
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
Also make sure (if you still have them) to say you'll include original receipts (MAKE SURE YOUR CC# ISN'T TOTALLY LISTED ON THEM OR THE MERCHANT ID#). That way if DEAD PIXELS show up then the buyer has an easier time getting a replacement from Sony.

-Jeff No dead pixels here.

I mentioned my post to my mother and she freaked when she heard that I'd confided about my suicidal thoughts. Of course, she also freaked about my RealRhapsody subscription, my Tivo purchase, my original PSP purchase, etc.. She's like a broken car air conditioner, either full-power or off. *SIGH*

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll start preparing the auction around 9:45 pm Central Time on Thursday, as per CaptainMoose's advice, assuming nobody here wants it. After looking at Ebay, I'm thinking my price was too high. If I ask for excess computer parts as payment, or remove my "Must be $250" comment" in another thread here, do you think I'd get offers?

@CaptainMoose: Can I please copy and paste part of your message into the ebay auction and then add my own stuff?

@Everybody: I don't have a digital camera available in any form, what's a good strategy for finding an online photo? Something where I don't make anybody angry.

meep
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I expect the Ebay mentality differs in the states, but in the UK I have not seen a 99p auction starting price fail - you get the "auction" feel going as people bid and subsequently outbid each other, and of course get people spotting your product(s) due to its increadibly low price.

The evening finishing time is also crucial - 8pm on a Sunday wins everytime.

jasong
04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Guys, while I do want to keep this topic "alive," and want advice and comments to keep coming, I've been thinking about my job situation. I talked to the woman who works for Supported Work, the agency that helped me get the job I had to quit. One of the comments she had about a month ago was that she wanted me to h ave the job for at least 90 days to give me a good reputation for the next job search, which I accomplished. While it took me 20 days of work(40-50 hours if you only count the time I was actually on the parking lot), it's possible I might get a job where I make $150 or more a week, in which case I might decide it's worth it to keep the Playstation.

Please don't let the topic die based on this message, but I think I'll wait to see what kind of job I get before I make a decision.

CaptainMooseInc
04-20-2005, 05:46 PM
If you want to copy what I did then go ahead, no problem here. :thumbs:

Also, you -could- start the auction at $0.01 without a reserve. I feel the auction would only net you around $190-$200 for the PSP. Saturday night ending auctions are just as good as Sunday IMHO. If the person really wants it the weekend is #1 for ending auctions.

Just find what is called a "Stock photo" of the PSP. You are allowed to "upload" one image to eBay. Find a cool picture of the PSP maybe out of the box with the original box behind it. Just add as a last line to the auction that you do not have a digital camera so the photo shown is STOCK PHOTO.

-Jeff