WOOT...

Just how on earth do you do it? :notworthy

Evilmoose
04-21-2005, 07:08 PM
#1 in the world too:thumbs:
Its just a matter of time before we own the top 10:cheers:

black_civic55
04-21-2005, 11:41 PM
good job man! i added another agent tonite so hopefully a little more stat increase for me

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Howdy all ... i'm from another team (BOINC Synergy) but I gotta say, it's really depressing looking at only one person from my team on the daily top 10 (on your amazing stats page!) against a whole army of you DC obsessed people.

I mostly just stopped by to express my thanks for those great DIMES stats that I love so much.

Bok
04-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for the thanks ! Nice output you have on Dimes !

Bok :cheers:

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 12:22 PM
on a side note .. anyone know why the DIMES site doesn't seem to be producing any new stats? I like my nearly hourly updates - gives me something to look forward to when i take breaks from studying.

rsbriggs
04-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Dunno why the stats problem - just noticed that mine haven't been updating.

CaptMoose (or someone) want to PM or email OHad about it??

... against a whole army of you DC obsessed people.
Oh - and thanks for the complement !!!!

PY 222
04-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Ohad and the rest of the Dimes team are away on vacation until Thursday.

I guess they will fix the stats when they get back.

Oh, and hi ffenliv. Do drop by from time to time.

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Thursday? That's unfortunate - now how am I going to waste time while i'm trying to avoid studying?

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 02:33 PM
seems to stats moved ... although not what I was hoping for considering the 8 hour gap :)

PY 222
04-24-2005, 02:48 PM
ffenliv, I just saw your stats and my goodness, you've got alot of Agents running.

I think you'll be a serious contender for the Top 5 in no time.

Keep it up mate. :notworthy

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 03:01 PM
ya, there's a few there.... If only I had hundreds more, I could single-handedly beat you guys :)

ohad
04-24-2005, 03:06 PM
We are on vacation, but i can't disconnect myself from the free-dc forum...
anyway - i have seen the stats and they are updating. we have a small trouble keeping up the p[ace that the information received from the measurements, but all that is about to be solved very soon.

ffenliv
04-24-2005, 03:13 PM
question: will there come a point where I will get no credit because everything that can be mapped form here has been mapped, or will I continue to be useful .. or will i continue getting credit even though the measurements i'm doing are thoroughly redundant?

ohad
04-24-2005, 03:44 PM
The internet is very dynamic. side by side we have a static map of the internet, and a weekly map of the internet. all the time we see new links and new nodes, and ofcourse - all the time we see other links disappear.
right now - not many agents discover new AS links and AS Nodes , and thus the credit you get is mostly from those measurement units. in the future - we will see that every week , what you added to the "Weeky maps" will also be added to your credit.

as for your measurements - as long as our agents are contributing, the stats will accumulate. DIMES is basicly a platform to perform experiments on the internet, besides beeing a great measurement tool.

LichtJF
04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
It will be interesting to see how the dimes application develops over time, especially if the gallery gets up and running. I am amazed at some of the maps that appear on my pc's I cant wit to see what results others have achieved.