PDA

View Full Version : Asus Ncch-dl

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I have noticed that my dual xeon was rebooting for no reason.
Prime95 was okay, 24 hours.
Looked in the event logs and just before the dump file was created diskeeper service woke up for a peak at the HDD. Was not running any diskeeper in the back ground, all defrags had to be started by me.
Have run version 8 for ages and no problems, 9 is only giving probelms on this system WinXP-SP2.

Removed,,,,, now all okay :swear: :swear:

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
It was the PSU 680W ThermalTake not up to the job. Changed it for a Antec 550W truepower, all is okay now:D

Been testing it on D2ol, (don't ya know:D :D :D )

one other mod, but will tell the Gopher in about 8 days:Pokes: :Pokes:

jasong
05-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix
It was the PSU 680W ThermalTake not up to the job. Changed it for a Antec 550W truepower, all is okay now:D

one other mod, but will tell the Gopher in about 8 days:Pokes: :Pokes: Gopher, you say? That was nickname in high school because of my last name(nope, I'm not going to tell my last name). I got in good with a TON of people back then because of my ability to explain algebra. You know how in grade school they forced you to learn the names of concepts like the one that describes the fact that 3+1=1+3 and 3*2=2*3? Kids are a lot happier when they know why the heck they're being taught the information. "You'll need it later," just don't cut it. I saved so many kids from being miserable later on, it's not even funny.

Maybe it was before high school? Hmmmmmm.

gopher_yarrowzoo
05-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Helix_von_smelix you low down dog, found ya out... here's me crunching as much as I can squeeze out of my meer 4 procs..

Bok
05-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Helix_Von_Smelix

one other mod, but will tell the Gopher in about 8 days:Pokes: :Pokes:

You need a lot of current on the 12v rail, I'd guess there just wasn't enough on that 680.. I'm using the sparkle 500 on my 3 dual xeons, works a charm with 30A on the 12v.

Bok

Helix_Von_Smelix
05-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey Gopher,,,,, can you say..... Intel XEON Nocona EM64T 3.6GHz 800FSB 1MB Cache times two running at 4.0GHz on air. In the challenge you never said how many pc's i could use. :D

:blush: :blush: :blush: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: