PDA

View Full Version : Fundable.org action for Free-DC

CaptainMooseInc
05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey everyone. I have created a Fundable.org action to help fund the weekly Free-DC PC Giveaways.

The target is $150 with 20 people to donate. That's $7.50 a person via Paypal.

Please don't use Credit Cards.

The link is here:

https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/freedcpc/view?searchterm=

Thanks,
-Jeff

If we don't reach the target in 30 days then everyone who contributed their $7.50 gets it back

Bok
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Not a bad idea :)

Bok

meep
05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Good stuff m8 - I think that this will be a good way to keep the "give aways" going...

I for one will happily contribute, but are we going to have (i know no one really likes them but it is hard cash being given away) some set rules for participation?

I know that the Free-DC approach is not to impose such rules, so maybe, and its a maybe, a "give away" coordinator is nominated who runs them, decides the project that the monthly/fortnightly/weekly give away will promote, decides on the participating criteria and obviously the participants?

Just a small idea to ensure peoples generosity is not taken advantage of...

magnav0x
05-18-2005, 03:48 PM
There, I helped out a bit. Thanks for setting this up for Free-DC! :thumbs:

CaptainMooseInc
05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
@meep

Well, LAURENU2 has already stated you must be crunching for SOME DC project on the Free-DC team and be running less than 5 nodes. LAURENU2 is the caretaker and Bok and rsbriggs seem to be helping out.

LAURENU2 has got it under control and I think the whole team is acting as police in a way to make sure abuse doesn't happen. So far nothing bad yet.

-Jeff

You have to sign up for a Fundable.org account but it's not a long process and they are secure guys.

Fozzie
05-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm in.

CaptainMooseInc
05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Only a few hours old and I've already got 4 contributors. That's 20% of the way guys!

Only 16 more to go and we're only in the first day!

-Jeff

jasong
05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
The tracking method is, um, interesting. Apparently, anywhere for 6 to 10 people have joined.

If it expires, it expires on my birthday.

Going back to look around. This could have potential, expecially for hydra clusters.

Edit: Love your ebay rating Moose. Probably should've checked it before doing anything, but "No harm, no foul."

PY 222
05-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok, just did my small part.

This is a pretty cool. :thumbs:

CaptainMooseInc
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
what's wrong with my eBay rating?

The money doesn't goto me. You pay Fundable's Paypal account and if the amount of people you are looking for donate then it pays the starter of the action's paypal account. I then forward it to LAURENU2.

Oh, my only negative on there is because I tried buying a New York Monopoly Game Piece when McD's did their annual Monopoly thing and it cost me like 59 cents total. The guy didn't send it to me so I gave him negative feedback (his e-mail address was invalid and he wouldn't respond to my eBay messages). He then said that he e-mailed me asking for a self addressed stamped envelope and he never did. That's why you'll see the reply.

I'm a decent electronics dealer on eBay, not high volume but high quality. :)

-Jeff

P.S. I can see the actual number of contributors. In the first day (not even) we have 6 people!!!

I think next time I'm gonna make it 20 people @ $5 each ($100 total) or 10 people @ $10 each ($100).

I hope to do this every month for LAUREN. $5 isn't a bad wrap. If we ever start missing the target then I'll reduce the total by 50%. So if we miss the $150 I'm gonna goto $100 this first time...but after that $50.

jasong
05-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMooseInc
what's wrong with my eBay rating?[/EDIT]
Absolutely nothing's wrong with your ebay rating, I simply meant that it was reassuring and I was commenting in a roundabout way that I was relieved it was so good since I jumped in without checking it.

magnav0x
05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
*bump*

CaptainMooseInc
05-23-2005, 10:22 PM
We have 7 contributors of 20 so far. 35% of the way.

We still have until the middle of June.

-Jeff