PDA

View Full Version : Calling All The Linux Guru's!!

n7vxj
05-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Some of you Guys knowI just installed SuSe 9.1 on my duallie, and I need some more help on it.The font size is so small, I almost can't see it(must be a sign of old age :rotfl: ).How do I change the font size to something my half blind arse can see?

Dan

IronBits
05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I didn't think of it until just now... it turns on a screensaver by default after 10 or 20 minutes, which means your DC client won't get all the cpu :(
There is a 'control panel' that you can use to tune the whole thing, but I'll step aside and let a guru step in here.
I only use init 3 so have very limited X interface time.
You could open one of them Xterms and type init 3 and be at a real 'command prompt' with no GUI anything, but then you would be stuck with no X anything and would have to learn unix commands, but your DC client would love it :D
Welcome to the 'dark side' :thumbs:

n7vxj
05-21-2005, 10:38 AM
IB,I don't use a screensaver!! I got BoK to help me to just get it to blank the screen, that way, I'm not wasting those cycles, they're going to my dc client!!!:rotfl:

Bok
05-21-2005, 10:47 AM
The font size inside an xterm or the desktop ?

Bok

n7vxj
05-21-2005, 10:49 AM
WooT!! I'm making some progress here!! I just figured out how to browse all my Windoz boxes on my network,from my Linux Box! I'm gonna figure Linux out yet!!!:bouncy: :drums: :elephant:

QIbHom
05-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Isn't SuSE using KDE by default? If you are using KDE, there is the KDE control centre. There may be something in YaST.

Don't use SuSE anymore, or I'd poke around and find it.