PDA

View Full Version : Clients disappearing

PY 222
06-01-2005, 03:05 AM
I've had quite a number of my clients disappearing from time to time and now I have to go check on them to make sure that they are indeed running.

Just wondering if its only me or are some of you guys experiencing this issue?

Note: There is a slight memory leak in the Agent. The leak is found on v0.3.9.10 and v0.4.

PCZ
06-01-2005, 04:41 AM
I have noticed the memory leak as well.
Seems to start at around 30meg and increase to 100+ meg in a week.

What is worse though is the clients habit of stopping, may be related to the memory usage.

Yesterday I checked my clients and 80% of them had stopped.
The only working agents were on boxes which had been rebooted recently.

Guess a bit of babysitting is required to keep them all running.

What we need is a dimesmonitor :Pokes: :D

PY 222
06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
This is getting out of hand.

My clients are dropping left and right and this can't bode well for the project.

Man... they need to get a more stable client out the door and fast!

meep
06-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Yep I have gone back to clients and wondered where the little cactus had gone :)

Seems to still be quite buggy, memory leak seems a bit random too, as the same version of the client memory leaks on some XP Pro pc's and not others.

I check mine every day or so.

I read on the official forum that they are thinking of adding the option of running Dimes are a service in an upcoming version - hopefully solving both issues.

LichtJF
06-07-2005, 11:44 PM
HMM, thats strange, I have Dimes on a few clients and never had any drop off,My little cactus' are growing just fine. Now if only ohad will release that updated client he and eran were talking about in the forums.

But boy does that memory leak drive me nuts. I can't wait until thats fixed.

Jkusuda
06-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Noticed that I'm having trouble with clients dropping now as well. Had to restart the client on 5 systems today.

:cheers: