PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Linux Compatible 802.11b PCI / USB Adapter

redukt
06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
I am in desperate need for a linux compatible wireless PCI card or USB adapter (802.11b or anything backward compatible)!

Now that the summer is here, my room is really heating up (no working AC in here...and of course its the room with a SKYLIGHT and ATTIC ACCESS on two sides of the room). I want to move one of the crunchers out of here if at all possible, but the house isn't wired for CAT5, and I'm not so good at home improvement stuff. I have a fairly new Belkin 802.11b card that's only been used for like a week. Drivers, antenna, everything are included, down to the registration card. The only thing is that the barcode from the original box is missing because I bought it on sale. This card works with Linux, but only using NDIS wrappers which, not surprisingly with my luck don't like my wireless setup.

Short version: Will trade a Like New Belkin FDC-6001 Ver. 3001 802.11b PCI Card for any (working) Linux compatible 802.11b PCI Card or USB adapter. If it's a PCI card, I ask that the antenna be included. Don't care about manuals, original boxes, software, whatever. I'll pay shipping both ways assuming it doesn't get too expensive.

If you have a card you're willing to trade but unsure if it's Linux compatible, let me know and I'll do the research.

I'd just buy a new one, but money is very tight, and I still need to get the AC fixed whether I move this machine out of the room or not.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bok
06-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I've got a PCI card I've not used in some time. Can't check what it is right now but I'll take a look in the morning.

It's your's if it will work on linux.

Bok

redukt
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
w00t! Lemme know your zipcode so we can figure shipping. You said its just sitting around... assuming yours will work in linux, do you want the Belkin still?

Bok
06-07-2005, 09:29 PM
27587, not far from you as we mentioned this afternoon on IRC :)

I'll see if I can sneak past my son later (it's in the attic and door to attic is in his room) and check it out.

nah, I only use G now..

Bok

Bok
06-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Redukt,

it's a D-Link DWL-520 Rev.A2

Bok

redukt
06-08-2005, 08:18 AM
w00t! Check your PMs!