PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Jammy
05-31-2002, 12:26 PM
First: How fast do the DF stats update? I have been running DF on two of my boxes (1.33@1470 T-Rd and 750 Athlon Classic, both have 512 megs of PC 150 Ram) since 7 a.m. (Pacific) this morning and my stats have not budged a millimeter! Are these two boxes too slow for DF now?

Second: How can I get one of those benchmarking programs for Windows?

Thanks,

Jammy

Eaglechild
05-31-2002, 12:38 PM
The new protein takes awhile. It will upload every 3000 structures. After the upload you will usually see your stats update within an hour, frequently sooner, but sometimes later.

Which version of the client are you running? You can force an upload of the currenlty completed units by hitting the Q key to quite and then waiting for it to actually quit. That will upload the units already completed. Then restart it. after that just let it run. It will upload every 3000 units.

Jammy
05-31-2002, 12:59 PM
I am ruuning the new version, the CASP 5 one. Uh . . .Last night I ran the CLI for about three hours on the T-Bird and then hit "Q" and my stats still did not change. In the past the stats updated every ten minutes so when I finished the assigned structures I could always see the results within 20 minutes.

Also >>> any idea where to get that Windows benchmarking program?

jammy

Originally posted by Eaglechild
The new protein takes awhile. It will upload every 3000 structures. After the upload you will usually see your stats update within an hour, frequently sooner, but sometimes later.

Which version of the client are you running? You can force an upload of the currenlty completed units by hitting the Q key to quite and then waiting for it to actually quit. That will upload the units already completed. Then restart it. after that just let it run. It will upload every 3000 units.

Paratima
05-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Hi, Jammy. You can find directions for the benchmark thingie in this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=855). You'll need to load Perl.

As to speed, I have an Athlon Classic 850 that grunts out an upload every 5 hours or so. Used to be 2! :eek:

As to the stats, I'm not sure what's up. I know they've been on-again, off-again since the changeover. Hopefully, someone's working on 'em. :D

Jammy
05-31-2002, 01:23 PM
Thanks Paratima! I will have to bypass the benchmarking program I guess . . .I installed Perl one time before on the T-Bird and I had a h*ll of a time removing it. I do not want to try it again.

Jammy

Originally posted by Paratima
Hi, Jammy. You can find directions for the benchmark thingie in this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=855). You'll need to load Perl.

As to speed, I have an Athlon Classic 850 that grunts out an upload every 5 hours or so. Used to be 2! :eek:

As to the stats, I'm not sure what's up. I know they've been on-again, off-again since the changeover. Hopefully, someone's working on 'em. :D

Eaglechild
05-31-2002, 03:01 PM
They have been doing some work on the stats program I think. Follow the threads to see if anyone else is having the same problem. Mine seem to be updating now, but I think they were stuck for a short time.

The newest protein takes a lot longer, because it is quite a bit larger.

Angus
05-31-2002, 03:28 PM
Try using the dfGUI front end, described in this thread :

http://bane.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=941

It provides essentially the same benchmark info, and the latest version allows the bench info to be saved at the click of a button.

The install is about as easy as any program could be - simply unzip the package into your DF folder, and make a shortcut to use the dfGUI.exe to start the program.

Brian the Fist
05-31-2002, 05:59 PM
Re: stats

Please try "shift-reload" in your browser before claiming that your stats are not updating. If you try this and they still don't update, check the 'text' version of the stats. If those are also not increasing at all, THEN let us know your handle via e-mail and we will investigate. Thanks