PDA

View Full Version : Where's the link to this forum at the DF website?

Scott Jensen
06-04-2002, 02:15 PM
Just revisiting the DF website and noticed no link to this forum ... except one buried in the News section. Or is a link to here right out in the open on the DF website and I'm just not looking under my nose?

If it isn't clearly posted on the DF website, I'd strongly suggest it be and even done in different locations, such as at the bottom of the homepage, definitely in the general FAQs section (possibly the link takes them to this forum's Educational section), software FAQs section (called "Nitty Gritty" and that link takes them to the Technical Support section of this forum), etc. This forum helps build a sense of community amongst us crunchers thus increases the chance that people will keep on top of their computers so they continue to crunch as well as not get so easily drawn away by the latest "cool" dc project. I'd also send out an email to all crunchers letting them know about this forum for the above reasons ... and set up an automated email telling such to all new crunchers that sign up for this project.

Digital Parasite
06-04-2002, 02:22 PM
Hi Scott,

If you go to the main page: http://www.distributedfolding.org/

I see "Discussion Forum (now hosted at Free-DC)" with a link to the forum. It is right beside the text links "Teams" and "Known Bugs and Fixes" like it has always been.

Try refreshing your cache to make sure it is not missing something.

Jeff.

Scott Jensen
06-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Digital Parasite
Try refreshing your cache to make sure it is not missing something.

Ah, that was it.

Hmmm. I wonder how many other webpages are out-of-date on my computer without me knowing about it. Any simple command you can give Explorer to automatically occasionally refresh all those webpages?

Angus
06-04-2002, 04:03 PM
Tools | Internet Options

Pick the 'General' tab, Temporary Internet files 'Settings' button.

From there it should be obvious :)

Scott Jensen
06-05-2002, 11:09 AM
Odd. It was set for "Never" update. I don't remember setting it that way. Oh well. That's corrected.