PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my friends

em99010pepe
07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi to all friends,

Sorry Bok but this time is for real. I have to post this. I started my DC adventure after a friend died of cancer, well, he was a hard smoker. I really thought that just by running United Devices sofware I would find the cure for cancer and save the world. I was totally wrong.....
Many projects tested and things started to go wrong in my studies, I even think I lost one year at university duo to DC projects. Many nights without sleeping just to see if my machine was running and the noise......just can't stand it anymore (machine in my room). I noticed since all this began that I lost concentration and motivation for my studies when the priority must be the studies not running DC projects.
I'm really concentrated to stop this drug! DC project is for rich people.

Someone told me that I shoudn't take DC projects to seriously and that I should go on with my life. That's what I am going to do.

I'm sorry if I was rude to someone, sorry for my radical comments. I really had a good time here with a lot of new friends.

My points will stay with Free-DC. Next Monday all systems will be shutdown forever.

Regards,

Carlos

Fozzie
07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
but you are right DC projects are just a hobby, a very worthwhile one but still.

Real life must take priority be it work, spouse or studies.

Forever is a long time, so if you are around in the future come look us up.

Good luck.

Foz

PY 222
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't worry mate. Just take some time off to do your RL stuff.

We'll be here if you decide to return. :thumbs:

Good luck in your studies.

black_civic55
07-22-2005, 04:57 PM
sorry to see you go man. but if DCing is getting in the way of other things then your making the right choice. Hope we see you again sumtime.

Chinasaur
07-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey d00d,

Been there...

Best of luck to you and I wish you well on your journey.

Take care of yourself.

:cheers:

IronBits
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
DC is like drinking and party time... they get in the way of RL...
step away, relax, get your stuff done, then come back to the party when your chores are done :D
:cheers:

Bok
07-23-2005, 11:55 AM
All good advice. Chill, take care of real life and drop in occasionally :)

Bok

LAURENU2
07-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes You must be #1 But we like you you are a Bud to us Please update us as to what you are up to or the goals you pass:cheers:

n7vxj
07-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Carlos, you deal with your studies, and excel in them! When you have completed them, then you come back, and join all of us, your friends, here again.Don't worry, we'll still be here.Just stop in once in awhile, and let us know how you're doing!!

Dan

em99010pepe
07-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Thank you all.

Stopped my first machine. Deleted there my DC folder.:(

My goals are:

1º - Finish in December my course
2º - Keep sending emails to a few Universities in Spain and in USA to see if I can make there the master
3º - Finish reading the books I have here, more than 20!
4º - Start studying Linux.

So what's the best place to live in USA? A place with no earthquakes, no tornados, no snakes, etc

Carlos

IronBits
07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Oregon :)

Moogie
07-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by IronBits
Oregon :)

Bah..Georgia. :)

Good luck Carlos. Please stop by now and then to let us know how you are doing. Hopefully, when things settle down you'll be back. But either way...know you have friends here.

LAURENU2
07-24-2005, 10:17 PM
:idea: Chicago :idea:

n7vxj
07-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Bah..Georgia. To damn many rattlesnakes, and cottonmouths, there!! Oregon, or Washington State! Even though I may be moving to Colorado in a few months!! :D

PY 222
07-25-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd say San Jose but since you don't like earthquakes, I guess I better not say anything. :D

Oh and one more thing about Oregon, there's no sales tax. WOOT.

Scoofy12
07-25-2005, 11:28 AM
west lafayette, Indiana is pretty nice. (ok so it's the midwest, which has tornados from time to time, but i've never seen one. it's no big deal, really :) )
plus, you could come to Purdue, which is very international-student-friendly. (has the largest number of international students anywhere)