Thread: Trouble with the new hosting.

Trouble with the new hosting.

If you have any issues with the forum, or the Free_DC web site, please post them here.

Note: Please contain these issues to the recent move only.

Marc.

Small Opera problem here.

I go to the forum, read new posts, close the forum, come back a few hours later, look at new posts, and the posts I read last time are still marked as new posts. I've had this problem for two- three days now.
    Terje Larsen

Release All Zigs!

Handle changed/mutated

Ever since the change, my handle which was originally listed as runestar½ (1/2 = ASCII code 171) changed to runestar½ ... At first it would allow me to login with the orig handle, but now it won't and I'm having increasing difficulty using the changed name which I have to copy and paste from the forum into the login name field.

I looked for a way to alter my login name, but I couldn't find anything. Is it possible to change it to just "runestar"?

Best,

RuneStar½
    The SETI TechDesk
    http://egroups.com/group/SETI_techdesk
    ~Your source for astronomy news and resources~

Re: Handle changed/mutated

Originally posted by runestar
    Ever since the change, my handle which was originally listed as runestar½ (1/2 = ASCII code 171) changed to runestar½ ... At first it would allow me to login with the orig handle, but now it won't and I'm having increasing difficulty using the changed name which I have to copy and paste from the forum into the login name field.

I looked for a way to alter my login name, but I couldn't find anything. Is it possible to change it to just "runestar"?

Best,

RuneStar½

Done.

Marc

Release All Zigs!

Thanks

Thanks. Was a little surprised it originally took the "½"... At any rate, I decided to make it a policy since then not to use that in a handle in case I happen to get on a machine that doesn't let itself to easily entering ASCII codes.

Best,

RuneStar
    FreeDC DF Team