Thread: Client available via HTTP?

Question Client available via HTTP?

Some of my machines are behind firewalls that allow HTTP traffic but do not play well with FTP. Is there any way that the clients could be available via HTTP as well as the current FTP?

Thanks.

If the project coordinators don't mind - I can mirror them either for you specifically or officially if the coordinators don't have the ability to do that quickly or cleanly. (I have bonded T-1 for 3.5Mbit/sec at home and approved access to fully redundant and underutilized OC48's at the office)

If we don't get an approval or alternative in a day or two drop me a private message here and I'll get the clients to you...

Actually - now that I think about it - why don't you DL it on a machine that has ftp access and cut it to cdr or put it on a machine behind the 'wall where the rest of the machines can see it?

I can do that, and that is what I will likely have to do, but do you think the average user will be able to do that if they want to get the client on machines that are behind firewalls that block FTP access?

I just think it would open up a lot more options if it was available via both FTP and HTTP.

thats be a good idea truely...have it where u can select a different port for us who cant do anything but 80

The 'average' user can get the screensaver from www.intel.com/cure , via http. The client may be available there eventually if I persistewntly bug Intel enough.
    Howard Feldman

Its not obvious from the download page that you can find the screensaver client via HTTP at the Intel/Cure site. You may want to put a link in the Windows ScreenSaver Download table to that Intel site so people can see they can get it via HTTP from there.