Thread: First pass que population

First pass que population

Has nobody noticed that the first pass que has less than 3000 tests in it today???

Looks like it's time to insert 10-12M tests, hopefully a few other things can be taken care of at this time.

- find out what the problem is with the secondpass que 2.15M (stuck)
    - same is true for the lowest test 1.08M

Other topics of note...

- accept factors for all n upto 100m (we could also move the p lmit from 25T upto 50T to save space, etc) Joe and I have all of the factors for n<50m and p<50T.

It would also be nice to substitute the 31337 largest-n que with a n=~34M que.

A few comments on garbage and error fix, error rate,...

I know RL is taking up alot of DC time but it would be nice to get these things taken care of. They are IMO in order of highest importance.

Accepting larger factors would be handy to me as a siever, when I enter 10 factors and it says 2 of 10 verified it worrys me a bit :/

Re: First pass que population

Originally posted by vjs
    Has nobody noticed that the first pass que has less than 3000 tests in it today???

Looks like it's time to insert 10-12M tests, hopefully a few other things can be taken care of at this time.

- find out what the problem is with the secondpass que 2.15M (stuck)
    - same is true for the lowest test 1.08M

Other topics of note...

- accept factors for all n upto 100m (we could also move the p lmit from 25T upto 50T to save space, etc) Joe and I have all of the factors for n<50m and p<50T.

It would also be nice to substitute the 31337 largest-n que with a n=~34M que.

A few comments on garbage and error fix, error rate,...

I know RL is taking up alot of DC time but it would be nice to get these things taken care of. They are IMO in order of highest importance.
    First pass will be populated soon.

second pass queue should hand out the test that has had it stopped at 2.15M next..

what do you mean 'same is true for lowest test'?

If you look at this page

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/secret/

On the very bottom line it shows the overall minimum n as 1028727

Thanks for looking into these issues.

I believe the exact offending test is

4847*2^1028727+1 (I have personally tried to factor this test with no success, it's been tested a few time by others)
    Last edited by vjs; 09-13-2005 at 12:12 PM.

Well I just got k=33661,n=2595672 instead of a first pass - slightly odd...

Originally posted by Vato
    Well I just got k=33661,n=2595672 instead of a first pass - slightly odd...
    Not at all.
    Expired second-pass tests fall back into the dropped-tests queue. As well as largest-prime tests as you can see.

The second pass stuck issue seems to have been resolved!
    Right now it displays "Min n=2606343"
    Since I am currently doing n=2604452, we are just on the right track again!

The overall is still stuck though...

PS: if Alien88 or anybody else can explain the reason it stuck for so long, I'd be curious to know

Originally posted by maddog1
    The second pass stuck issue seems to have been resolved!
    Right now it displays "Min n=2606343"
    Since I am currently doing n=2604452, we are just on the right track again!

The overall is still stuck though...

PS: if Alien88 or anybody else can explain the reason it stuck for so long, I'd be curious to know

because none of us took time to look at it, pretty much.

the problem was, with how we hand out tests, there was a test in there that its score was really low, which meant it had a really low priority to get handed out. Not sure how it got scored that way.. but thats what was holding things up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing.

Perhaps someone manually did that test so the server had two matching residues for that test "complete" so the test didn't need to be handed out a third time.

However one of the two tests were not server assigned by the server so it was also ignoring the test and kept it in que.... make sence?

Originally posted by vjs
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing.

Perhaps someone manually did that test so the server had two matching residues for that test "complete" so the test didn't need to be handed out a third time.

However one of the two tests were not server assigned by the server so it was also ignoring the test and kept it in que.... make sence?
    well, it was probably just an error in the script we used to populate the second-pass with the way it calculated the score.. who knows..