Thread: Distributed Proofreading forum?

has been eaten by a grue.

Distributed Proofreading forum?

What would be the procedure for requesting a forum for Distributed Proofreading? We've got an active team on the main site, and I"m active over on DP-EU. Having a forum might let folks know we are doing PG stuff, too.

I second the request for a forum.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Created.

Please post an introduction and I'll sticky it...

Bok

Thank you, Bok. I'll go create an introduction. It'll take a few - my spelling is horrible.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by QIbHom
    Thank you, Bok. I'll go create an introduction. It'll take a few - my spelling is horrible.
    Try Ispell http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/tar...-3.3.02.tar.gz It will check your spelling in browsers and it is FREE

Interesting, LAURENU2. I'll have to play with it at home. Stuck with Windows at work.

I know there is a spelling plugin for Firefox, but, fool that I am, I'm using the beta and most plugins won't work with it.

If it switches languages easily, it will become my new best buddy. I do a lot of LOTE (Languages Other Than English) proofreading.

YEAH, WooHoo!!!!!!!!

We have our own forum!

Hopefully we can pick up some new proofers.

QIbHom: Do you have Office at the office? You could create a new document, spell-check it there, copy and paste it in here... Even Outlook Express has spell check.

MS Office is evil, and I refuse to use it. Outlook is the cousin of evil <g>.

I do have Open Office, and, yes, I should have created the post, spell-checked it, then cut and paste it in.

Silly to have to go through all of those steps, though. I'll just have to reload the release version of Firefox, and then use that plugin.

Everything is easier in unix.

But, Dreamer, go over to the new forum, and correct and explain away! I'm sure I didn't explain everything well.

It's about time I switch over to *nix.... I have way too many projects going here and not enough hours in the day.... It's probably easier than I think.

The post looks good, I will try to add to it....

Thanks!

If you are seriously thinking of coming to the *nix side, download and burn Knoppix. Then you can play around and see if Linux has the programs you need and plays well with your hardware before dedicating hard drive space to it.

Glad you like the DP post, and yes, please add!

Originally posted by QIbHom
    If you are seriously thinking of coming to the *nix side, download and burn Knoppix. Then you can play around and see if Linux has the programs you need and plays well with your hardware before dedicating hard drive space to it.

Glad you like the DP post, and yes, please add!
    Thanks! I need to get a distro on CD as I have 2 old computers that I would like to set up that do not have dvd players attached to them. They are supposed to run DC a lot faster than under Windoze. There are some things that I do online that do not have *nix programs, so I will have to keep windoze around. Just read about a distro that can run inside windoze, would have to look up the name....

Just added to the post over there, added the link to pg itself.

Now, we have to get Wirthi to get the team page going over there. Gotta run now, but I can PM him later if you would like....