Thread: only a few new post within about 12 hours?

Blog Entries

only a few new post within about 12 hours?

What's going on with our community?

I've never experienced, that only two people posted something until I look 12 hours later into the forums again

Is everybody ok out there?
    Last edited by the-mk; 08-12-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    the-mk

Its possible that everyone is preparing for the holidays.

Turkey day is next week and the Big Man with his reindeer sleigh is coming in pretty soon.

So, alot of us including myself are starting to enter what I love to call "Holiday Mode". Everything gets slower as we approach the end of the year.

YAY!

Free-DC's Prime Search
    I just engaged full speed in studies and the last week has just been awful.
    My camcorder and mp3/CD portable media player are damaged.
    I'm also waiting for the memory and a new hard disk, the store is having some kind of problems about finding the model I ordered.
    Also had some emotional problems. I don't know what's going on!?!? Everything seems to go in the wrong direction.

Carlos

I dunno.......winters here in the UK and it`s bloody cold thank God (my personal overheating problem is outweighing my problem with cold weather).
    I just can`t seem to get anything done cos I got too much on my plate and my health is slowing me down.
    Have to get the house project off the ground with limited finance until the daughter finishes her insurance claim problems with her old house and buys this one. Not easy.
    Then, I`m also participating in a medical research project which has been running for some years but has now kicked into high gear all of a sudden and visits to the labs, hospital and a treatment centre are just eating the time away. It just takes me longer to do some things than a younger fitter person wouldn`t think twice about and any mental stress rapidly translates into physical DIStress.
    Not that I`m complaining....I`m actually at a good time of life when I can just say "STUFF IT" and have a day off (more or less).
    Not having to study or work for a living is great and I always say to people at my time of life who are carping and moaning that the kids have 40-50 years of hard work ahead of them and we can just turn off the alarm (haven`t actually got one or a watch) and sigh and snuggle back under the duvet on a bad morning.
    I feel sorry for all those people I see in traffic jams or rushing past the end of the drive on these cold winter mornings and am happy with my lot, health problems not withstanding and I can always find time to post on here.
    Actually a bit surprised cos yesterday when I logged on, instead of the usual 6 or 10 posts off the search there were 2 pages of them.
    So, all I need now is a big lottery win and the quack to say they`ve cracked the problem of full body transplants as I`m first on the lists.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

planning for a wedding. school final exams on the verge. holidays. not much time for posting...

The annual NetHack tournament started on Nov 1st and ends on the last day of November, so that is my whole month taken up.

Just bought a new car so I'm out driving it as much as possible at the moment.

Work is currently quite slow, unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    alpha,

what does this "DYWYPI?" mean near your avatar?
    the-mk

Do you want your possessions identified?

It is one of the first messages shown when you die in a game of NetHack.