Thread: Hi, I'm new here

Blog Entries

Talking Hi, I'm new here

I just want to say hi to the Free-DC R@H community:
    HI!!

I just converted one box (AMD64 3000+/Win XP) from OGR to Rosetta to see how this project is working...

There are some questions where I don't know how to do and where to find:

- How can I see, how my machine is performing? Is there any number like "keys per second" or what ever? Is there something like that available?

- What value is counting for stats? As far as I see its the "Recent average credit". What are the other values for? Total credit?

- What hardware and software combination are performing good? AMD64/Linux, Intel/Windows or the other ways round? It would be an easier decision if I'd know which boxen I could leave at OGR and which boxen I could convert to Rosetta

- Are these stats "realtime"? Or are the recalculated after some period of time like at distributed.net (they have a stats run of every 24 hours)

and have a nice day
    the-mk

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Best way to see machine performance is to check on the Rosetta website, login to your account and do 'View your computers'

Total statistics (cobblestones) is the main stat, RAC is also calculated but it's just a snapshot of your current output. And it's fairly complicated how it is calculated.

If you are using the optimized clients, then I think AMD/Windows is the best combination. AMD/linux is not too far behind though.

The stats are updated real-time on the website, but the xml data used by 3rd-party stats is updated every 6 hours.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the team

Bok

Hi the-mk and welcome to Rosetta!

In case you havent found it yet, the third party BoincView app will you monitor across your nodes; here: http://boincview.amanheis.de/

Also I'll differ from Bok's statement "AMD/linux is not too far behind though." -- I think Linux is WAY behind: my linux boxen are receiving less than half the (Integer speed) of Win boxen which are the same hardware. Use Windows if you can until this is evened out.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    MerePeer,

using optimized versions on both ?

I'm still using the 4.72 version on linux btw...

My a64 3200+ running gentoo has a 473 RAC (it does quite a few other things as well) which is a little less than half of the RAC of a dualcore running windows clocked higher..

Bok

Both AMD XP 3000+
    Win XP running optimized 5.3.1 boinc getting RAC 191.23 with Integer of 5.83
    Debian etch running optimized 5.3.1 boinc getting RAC 123.06 with Integer of 2.52

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the answers!

Any experience about an 1.7 GHz Pentium M with Dothan core on Windows?

How about those good old AMD XP2500 with a Barton core, Windows too?

I think I wont switch my AMD 3800x2-linux-box to Rosetta, it's performing nice withd.net OGR (55MNodes/s :shocked: for both cores, on windows I had about 35MNodes/s )

Need to have a deeper look when I've got more time... maybe next week...

the-mk