Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hijacked lan?

Don`t worry about me IB, my skin is thicker than a lot o people could believe and I have a lot of respect for you and some of the other stalwarts around here.
    In my own defense, I will say I only did Cisco, Nortel and Big Iron in self defense and skipped as many NT courses as I could.
    Talk about hardware, and valves in particular along with other more modern stuff in the microwave region, and I`ll rank my 1934 designed, built it myself, Mullard 1Kw audio hi-fi amp with original MZ2-200s triodes driven by a pair of EL37s in class AB push pull and taking up more space than 2 rack cabinets with anything buyable today. Mind you, I gave in and bought a Yamaha for the other 4 channels of Dolby. And it`s burglar proof and lethal to poking fingers
    Nowadays I just tinker and solve problems for fun and the 3 pensions I got for doing it for real keep my family in the comfort they`d like to think they deserve while I consume more drugs than would keep a pusher in luxury for life and add to the pleasant fog with good liquor and better food. Might keep the body going but doesn`t do much for the brain.
    Anyway, I still find that computers and radio don`t make happy bedfellows and I`m rapidly returning to my past loves to which I`ve devoted more than a few thousand pounds and which has kept my house insurance company in clover for many years. And I can still use an iambic paddle or a straight key to keep in touch without benefit of a broadband connection unless you consider the oldest radio type, spark gap tx, as the broadest of broadband connections there ever was.....<rambles off to the hills and the hidden still equipped with a vhf 8877 Kw 2 metre portable and a spare 16 ele Tonna on the LandRover roof>
    Catch you all on the flip side, I`m still hoping my Local #### Brownsville pension gets bought out by the Ozzies.
    Like an ol` 8086, slow but serviceable.
    One advantage of old age...nobody can tell you how much cake you can eat

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar

Gee Shish you I know enough about that stuff to know that well heck you leave lethal values to the experts.. It must Rock - bet it's got superb BASS on it... I've got a bone to pick with my router but that will be a seperate post.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12