Thread: dfGUI v1.2 for Windows Available (With Source)

Exclamation dfGUI v1.2 for Windows Available (With Source)

I have released v1.2 of dfGUI with a few things fixed up. You can get it in the usual spot:
    http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

v1.2 (June 17, 2002):
    - You can now set the DF client priority level when launching the DF client from dfGUI. A setting of 20 means it will only use idle CPU time and a setting of -20 means it will try to use all CPU time. It is recommended to keep your priority setting at the default 20 or at least above 10.
    - Fixed a bug that would try to start the DF Client on dfGUI load if dfGUI was configured to AutoStart and the DF client was already running.
    - Switching from "Hide DF Client" to "Normal" start mode will now uncheck the quiet mode setting automatically.

MD5 Sums:
    912ab423506b97712aaf4e3fe2465791 dfGUIv12.zip
    07b06f08dbed208373de3a2e38e861b6 dfGUIv12src.zip

Jeff.
    Last edited by Digital Parasite; 02-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Nice

Been using it since initial release. Especially handy for you dial-uppers out there. You don't have to screw around with the foldit.bat anymore

Have you tried to tell the DFolding guys to include the GUI in the initial client? It would help to create more followers I think.
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

I have a request. Can you include a counter on how may structures are stored locally ready to be send?

Hi stappel,

I guess what I could do is look for a filelist.txt file and see what the current number of structures listed in that was, then take the difference between the # of structures per buffer and what is remaining in the current batch to get a good idea of how many you have generated and stored so far.

For someone that is online you would only have one buffer so it would be less interesting but for anyone running offline I could see it being useful. I will try to add that in the next release.

Jeff.

Hello. I am encountering a problem when shutting down and restarting systems with both the DistFold client and the GUI client running. Upon restart after normal shutdown, the GUI client starts the Foldtrajlite client which then uploads and halts. Foldtrajlite stays in the Task Manager as an idle process from then on, until I restart the GUI a second time and it brings up a running thread. I can then manually end-task the idle Foldtrajlite process to save 980k.

Is this a side-effect of the GUI? I haven't tried shutting down and rebooting without the GUI (yet) to test and see what happens.

-Tex

Halon50 : Hi Halon, my guess is that you will get the same result if you had a shortcut in Windows Startup for the foldit.bat file. If you have dfGUI set to AutoStart the DF Client all it does is run your foldit.bat file with the options you want. Loading dfGUI a second time will just re-run the same foldit.bat file so you will probably get the same behaviour if you ran foldit.bat without dfGUI running.

It may have something to do with the DF Client not shutting down properly when you close Windows. Try removing dfGUI from your Startup and then shutdown normally like you would and restart Windows. This time go to your DF directory and see if there is a foldtrajlite.lock file in the directory. If so then the client didn't shutdown properly.

I am working on a new feature for v1.3 that may help this problem.

Jeff.

Everyone, the new v1.3 is out and you can find details on it here: http://bane.free-dc.org/forum/showth...&threadid=1082

Jeff.