Thread: Welcome to all of our new D2OL members!!!

Welcome to all of our new D2OL members!!!

Welcome XS_DDTUNG, XS_nhenhophach, XS_STEvil, XS_SDX, XS_Disposibleteen87

Wow! We just passed Team AnandTech for third place!

Hey!! Someone took my red pie

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    WTF is going on?

Don't know yet

In other news - D2OL has just hired a new dedicated developer/project administrator

http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...278;p=1#000001

That is quite intersting news...maybe I will switch my computer over for a little while...

YO DDTUNG,

Are you here to stay?

If you are, I'll give you full access to the

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Strategy. Look at their nicks.

Very disheartening turn of events in D2OL today, I have moved results to FDC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lv_dicedealer
    Very disheartening turn of events in D2OL today, I have moved results to FDC as well.
    What's going on?
    I can't believe Victor is here to stay... aka DDTUNG

Been trying to piece together what is going on with the folks at XS.

If you can give me some overview, I'd really appreciate it.

But in any case, we welcome you all with open arms, even if its a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by PY 222
    Been trying to piece together what is going on with the folks at XS.

If you can give me some overview, I'd really appreciate it.

But in any case, we welcome you all with open arms, even if its a short while.
    Well, it seems that there is some strong suspicion as to whether or not a member of DPC is cheating in D2OL.

As I was a relatively late comer to the D2OL program, I was not aware that there was a method of resubmitting canidates. I assumed (shame on me) that since it was a semi-mature DC project that most all the shortcomings and loopholes would have been removed, but it was confirmed yesterday by Charles at D2OL that there was in fact a loophole available to resubmit canidates. It is this loophole that many of the XS team feel a particualr DPC member is using to maintain their 1st place position over us.

XS in fact took first place for a short while, then DPC starting dumping massive numbers. Team_Switch and ICA_Cows were the biggest flushers. XS responded by dumping many of its buffered canidates (we were expecting DPC to dump) only to have ICA continue dumping many many more than they had ever dumped in the past. The strangest part was that ICA had a total that was a multiple of 10 for many many hours, never anything else. At one point, ICA had dumped EXACTLY 623000 over a 2 day period. This was noticed and the question of cheating arose; at that point, ICA started to actually post new canidates I think because the dumps were no longer units of 10. ICA's best canidate appeared in early 2005, since then they have dumped over 1 million canidates and no better canidate has appeared? Very odd! ONLY ICA IS SUSPECTED OF THIS.
    Last edited by lv_dicedealer; 12-30-2005 at 05:43 AM.

Now, could someone point me to the Rosetta install and tweaks?
    I will be changing to that and crunching for XtremeSystems, D2OL is done for me until a fix is made.
    FDC has a commanding lead in R@H , you have no worry about XS... we just want the cows in a program that you cant cheat in...

A not so nice story about ICA_Cows
    Did you have to post this in the Free-DC-forum? I visited your forum yesterday and tried to explain what the reasons *might* be for the ending-0 dumps. I also said that if you had any more questions you are welcome to our forum to ask.

ICA_Cows said in our forum that the end of its flush is near. Your teammate L0St Pr0PhEt visits our forum and said he would pass the message to XS, but until now he didn't, at least not at the open part of your forum.

Instead, you decide to visit our friends at FDC and accuse us of cheating. Should I go check the forums of ARS and TA and so on as well to see if you posted there?
    A proud member of Team Switch of the Dutch Power Cows

Free-DC's Prime Search

XS in fact took first place for a short while, then DPC starting dumping massive numbers. Team_Switch and ICA_Cows were the biggest flushers. XS responded by dumping many of its buffered canidates (we were expecting DPC to dump) only to have ICA continue dumping many many more than they had ever dumped in the past. The strangest part was that ICA had a total that was a multiple of 10 for many many hours, never anything else. At one point, ICA had dumped EXACTLY 623000 over a 2 day period. This was noticed and the question of cheating arose; at that point, ICA started to actually post new canidates I think because the dumps were no longer units of 10. ICA's best canidate appeared in early 2005, since then they have dumped over 1 million canidates and no better canidate has appeared? Very odd! ONLY ICA IS SUSPECTED OF THIS.
    Of course they are cheating.
    I'm going to move my XS_Troya account to FreeDC. I only processed 500 of the total so I understand, just by looking at the numbers (avg.docking time, etc), if someone is cheating or not. That's why I always said that a few DPC members were cheating.
    I cheated to understand who was also cheating.

DDTUNG,

Remember when XS_Troya joined XS? I was making 6k/7k a day. Well, just like ICA_Cows I could easily dump 100k!

Carlos

Thumbs down

Okay, thats it. I'm off.
    A proud member of Team Switch of the Dutch Power Cows

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    Of course they are cheating.
    I'm going to move my XS_Troya account to FreeDC. I only processed 500 of the total so I understand, just by looking at the numbers (avg.docking time, etc), if someone is cheating or not. That's why I always said that a few DPC members were cheating.
    I cheated to understand who was also cheating.

DDTUNG,

Remember when XS_Troya joined XS? I was making 6k/7k a day. Well, just like ICA_Cows I could easily dump 100k!

Carlos
    Carlos,

If most of the points generated on the XS_Troya account are via 'cheating' I think a better idea would be to just dump it to a user without a team. We don't really want those totals as part of the Free-DC score, don't you think ?

Bok

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok
    Carlos,

If most of the points generated on the XS_Troya account are via 'cheating' I think a better idea would be to just dump it to a user without a team. We don't really want those totals as part of the Free-DC score, don't you think ?

Bok
    Of course. Done. Also changed nick from XS_Troya to Troya.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by DPC-CowArt
    Did you have to post this in the Free-DC-forum? I visited your forum yesterday and tried to explain what the reasons *might* be for the ending-0 dumps. I also said that if you had any more questions you are welcome to our forum to ask.

ICA_Cows said in our forum that the end of its flush is near. Your teammate L0St Pr0PhEt visits our forum and said he would pass the message to XS, but until now he didn't, at least not at the open part of your forum.

Instead, you decide to visit our friends at FDC and accuse us of cheating. Should I go check the forums of ARS and TA and so on as well to see if you posted there?
    CowArt, I hope you don't take offense at what dicedealer has mentioned here as I was the person that asked for more information.

Basically, now all we can do is to wait for the Project Admins to confirm whether the accusations are true or not.

Have anyone posted this information for the Project Admins?

Quote Originally Posted by DPC-CowArt

Check where you want, I was only responding to the question of why some of the XS members came over here. I have no desire or need to bash team DPC, IF there is indeed any resubmitting of candidates on any team member of DPC then that will reflect poorly on your ENTIRE team. There is quite a bit of suspicion regarding ICA resubmitting candidates, and em99010pepe confirmed even here that it can be done easily.

Sorry to have offended you, I do respect that DPC has quite a bit of power behind them; this is just getting stranger by the hour and questions have been raised and confirmed regarding the resubmitting of candidates. People have spent large amounts of time, effort, resources, and cash to get where XS is today. All of it (excluding XS_troya I see now) has been done very fairly and legitimately, only to have this situation arise once XS passed DPC for number one spot.

If all this turns out to be false, then DPC deserves great credit for buffering up the candidates for that rainy day.... not to mention a large apology from me; but I feel very strongly about this and would not have posted ANYTHING about my suspicions in any forum other than my team's private forum regarding this. Think about it, it was verified now by em99010pepe , UCMajewski at XS, and Charles B. the project admin at Sengent that cheating was possible...

Quote Originally Posted by PY 222
    CowArt, I hope you don't take offense at what dicedealer has mentioned here as I was the person that asked for more information.

Basically, now all we can do is to wait for the Project Admins to confirm whether the accusations are true or not.

Have anyone posted this information for the Project Admins?
    Charles B. has stated that there is no possible way of verifying if ICA candidates are resubmissions, it is an admitted flaw in D2OL.

The really crappy thing about this whole deal is that all of our donated computing time is really supposed to be for science and improving life.... I have done my part here and will be moving on to R@H soon.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    In my opinion the D2OL staff won't do nothing because they didn't do nothing until now. Did they ban my account? No.
    D2OL is like Ubero.
    My advice is that all Free-DC members should stop crunching for D2OL/TSC.

That's why I like the math projects, they do doublechecks.

Carlos

PS( I hope you guys understand the meaning of Troya (Troy, Tróia, etc) )
    Last edited by em99010pepe; 12-30-2005 at 05:03 PM.

Anandtech made Charles aware of the problem of easy cheating ( We even showed him how easy it was to do )over a year and a half ago and his reply was to ask us to keep slient about it which is one of the reasons the cowtippers and most of the rest of us moved on to other projects or retired from crunching.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Yeah I notice all the new members could they kindly donate their unit's to me I want my Hard earned 10th place back thank you! I earned that place through hard work, then XS jump in and Im down the 16th (The Outrage - ) Im dual crunching this project with F@H (just cos it work for me!)
    Hmm Bok might wanna put a fix in to see if user ID's change should be able to tell if they have don't they got a UID or something...
    Hmm Cheating is Bad mmmmmaaakkkkkkayyyy .
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Charles Beckius replies

"This has been known about - and documented in the forums and on separate team websites - for some considerable length of time. Science is in no way in jeopardy. The same type of people who think that playing video games with "god mode on" is actually fun happen to waste a lot of their own time and electricity for the chance to achieve some mathematical accomplishment on the stats page. That said, a surprising number of people who have been ACCUSED of cheating are assuredly NOT. Be careful where you throw stones!

Fixing this loophole requires a fundamental code change (not a patch) which could only be done by staffing a developer for the project. We have done that. Now is the time to repair the back end and move forward with confidence.

--------------------
    Charles Beckius
    D20L Forum Administrator"

Team Picard Away Team

whoa. huge black eye for this project.