Thread: intel mac client?

intel mac client?

Would anyone be interested in an intel mac client?

possibly the people who OWN intel macs might..

NB. i'm not one of them..

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeLace
    possibly the people who OWN intel macs might..

NB. i'm not one of them..
    Well, yeah... my reason for asking is to see if anyone out there has an intel mac yet and would be interested in a client for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alien88
    Would anyone be interested in an intel mac client?

I am definitely interested. I have a nice shiny new Intel Mac doing nothing in my computer room.

Quote Originally Posted by endless mike
    I am definitely interested. I have a nice shiny new Intel Mac doing nothing in my computer room.
    What I heard or read is, that the OSX is based on FreeBsd. Can you use the FreeBSD client at the Intel Mac?

It will probably require a new client, I doubt that the FreeBSD client will just work out of the box.

I should know by the end of next week.. I'll work on it.

I have access to 15 Intel based macs it would be interesting to see what kinda numbers that they could put out

Yeah, I'd love to get a client working but right now it requires too much to do. Maybe this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien88
    Yeah, I'd love to get a client working but right now it requires too much to do. Maybe this summer.
    It would truly be a test of the CPU power right? - people can test the performance of SoB using Linux or Windows XP at this point if they wanted to I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricker
    I have access to 15 Intel based macs it would be interesting to see what kinda numbers that they could put out
    For the time being, you can install MS Windows at those machines with Bootcamp.

actually no i can't, the place that these machines would be running doesn't allow bootcamp to be installed. Infact w/in hours of the announcement of bootcamp a memo went out saying that for the time being (probably until leopard) boot camp and the like are not to be installed.

Question

any news yet? I would like to put my macbook to work
    member of Dutch Power Cows

As of right now, no. Ran into issues with the object files we use. Perhaps when (if?) i have more time then I can take another shot at it.