Thread: dfGUI v1.3 for Windows Available (With Source)

Exclamation dfGUI v1.3 for Windows Available (With Source)

I have released v1.3 of dfGUI with a few new features. You can get it in the usual spot:
    http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

v1.3 (June 22, 2002):
    - There is now a hyperlink to the dfGUI web page in the GUI.

- Added AutoStop option which will get dfGUI to stop the DF Client if dfGUI is closed. This may also help with an automated clean shutdown of the DF Client if you shutdown Windows.

- dfGUI will now show the number of structures buffered so you can more easily tell if the DF client has been able to connect to the server and upload.

- Added a Recover button for people whose DF client has crashed and left the foltrajlite.lock file around or when running hidden and the client doesn't seem to start properly. Without having to edit your foldit.bat file or change your dfGUI settings you can now click the Recover button and it will check for and delete the lock file and then launch the DF Client with the original foldit.bat settings in visible mode so you can trouble-shoot the problem.

MD5 Sums:
    ad326b1682945cf5e1281d7022b86e8a dfGUIv13.zip
    269191515d1208f235c1c3015c2e5ad7 dfGUIv13src.zip

Enjoy,
    Jeff.
    Last edited by Digital Parasite; 02-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.

wow, jeff... great additions...

thanks a bunch...
    cover me... I'm going in...

nice

a little thing for a 1.31:

when u use recover, it doesn't use ur parameter like "hide DF client"...

Nice!
    Distributed Folding Windows dfGUI v1.3 Benchmark

Sample Size: 1875 structures over 1851 seconds.

Structures Per Second: 1.01
    Structures Per Minute: 60.9
    Structures Per Hour : 3653
    Structures Per Day : 87662

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+

Originally posted by Burgergold
    nice

a little thing for a 1.31:

when u use recover, it doesn't use ur parameter like "hide DF client"...
    This is intentional, apparently. The release notes say "it will check for and delete the lock file and then launch the DF Client with the original foldit.bat settings in visible mode so you can trouble-shoot the problem."

Burgergold : As Scoofy12 said, the recover mode intentially launches the client in visible mode so if it asks for user input like (new client version detected, download y/n) you can see what is going on. The idea is once you get it running properly with Recover, you hit the Stop button and then hit the Start button which will launch the DF Client with your configuration options and it should work normally now.

So how does everyone like the new listing of buffered structures? That was a great suggestion by stappel, can't believe I never thought of it myself.

Jeff.

I like it...

although, I'm on an "always on" cable modem, it gives an indication of server status and other possible problems...

also for future revisions... is there any way to display the protein size... that may also give a heads up of problems during protein changeovers, and such...
    cover me... I'm going in...

Hullo, and thanks for all the nifty new features in 1.3!

The "Autostop on close" feature works when manually closing the GUI client, but doesn't seem to activate in time when shutting down a machine. That's ok though--the only computer I was having a problem with lots of shutdowns/restarts was my wife's machine, and I just switched that back to the Eccp-109 project instead.

If I weren't so lazy, I would probably just include a simple "del foldtrajlite.lock" in the beginning of a startup batchfile and stick a shortcut to that in the startup folder.... but that would actually require work!

-Tex

Originally posted by 1fast6
    also for future revisions... is there any way to display the protein size... that may also give a heads up of problems during protein changeovers, and such...
    I have already talked to Howard about this since I have been interested in including the protein size for a while but there is no easy way to get it. Unless you can convince them to dump that info in a file somewhere, I don't think I will be able to grab it.

Jeff.

I'm sorry but there is a bug in the new feature which tells us how many structures a buffered, cq ready to send. My filelist.txt contains :
    fold_jzefgykr_110000_protein.log.bz2
    jzefgykr_protein_0114054.val.bz2
    fold_jzefgykr_115000_protein.log.bz2
    jzefgykr_protein_0116896.val.bz2
    CurrentStruc 120000
    so there are 2 files stored with each 5000. But the client says : 122640 structures buffered. you have forgoten to deduct the first value.

Darn, in the tests I did it seemed that the CurrenStruc value was how many structures were stored in the buffer file. But then if you are running in Service mode and you reboot the machine it doesn't upload the results until the machine starts up again. It then continues the counter so you can get a situation like:

fold_????????_66883_protein.log.bz2
    ????????_protein_0067850.val.bz2
    CurrentStruc 70988

Where there is one file but only 4100 structures stored and the CurrentStruc counter is much higher than what is there.

I don't think I will be able to get an exact count for buffered files since the last file listed could be anything from 1 up to 5000 structures.

Howard/Elena : Any hints on how to get an accurate reading of how many structures are in the buffer files?

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I think you can subtract the number on the first line from the number on the last line, but then it is almost midnight so I could be wrong
    Anyways, I think people just want an approximate idea so if you're off by a few thousand it's no big deal. The whole numbering is somewhat arbitrary but you cannot assume it always starts at 1 (as pointed out).
    Howard Feldman

Thanks Howard, I think you are right. I was a little tired last night myself. :sleepy:

I will work on a new version with that fix.

Jeff.

dfGUI v1.31 now available

I have fixed the bug in dfGUI v1.3 which doesn't always display the correct number of buffered structures. You can download v1.31 from the usual location: http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Jeff.