Thread: What core for RC5?

What core for RC5?

I haven't done any RC5 for a while and have updated my machines since I last crunched. I was just messin' with the client on some benchmarks etc but the client says that my CPU cannot be detected....I am running dual XP1800's. Is there a specific core I should be using? I will be running RC5 for FreeDC for the next couple of weeks on 3x dual XP1800's and a dual 1.2MP. I just want to get a feel for how much faster my current farm is in comparison to what I was running a year ago.

Thanks.
    Train hard, fight easy

It will auto detect the correct version on it's own.
    It also shows you which core it has chosen to use.
    I thought there was an updated version that did recognize the XP line of AMD processors...
    We can always use the help, thanks!

Aha, found it. As the CPU's weren't recognised, the client ran a test to find the fastest core, but this takes time and I am impatient...I have now set the core manually based on the client's tests. I also had to manually set the client to run 2 instances (instead of auto detect) when running as a service as it only started 1 instance.

Oh well, the full farm has been up and running for 8 hours and I am using the dbestern proxy....~4500 blocks per 8 hours isn't too bad Thanks for the help
    Train hard, fight easy

:shocked:

Nice!