Thread: Qwest ping vs Comcast ping

Qwest ping vs Comcast ping

I just moved and had to switch from Cable to DSL.

I'm getting no less than 42-46 ping (Qwest 7Mbps DSL) in CS:Source. I had pings at 6-10 from Comcast 4Mbps Cable in CS:Source. Halo is just as bad.

I tracerouted and 1st hop takes 40Ms. Was never this bad with Cable.

Anyone else have higher pings with DSL or is mine an isolated occurence?

TIA.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Blog Entries
    as far as I know are there two different technologies for DSL for transfering data. Looks like you have "interleaving" which should be for error correction while transfering data. Better pings should be possible with "fastpath" which reduces latency...

I've found a German Wiki-site which describes fastpath: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastpath --> google-translated http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

You should ask the hotline support of your provider if they can switch that...
    the-mk

Cool bro I'll ask and see.

Thanks for the reply.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."