Thread: Another new BOINC project

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Another new BOINC project

Rectilinear Crossing

Join the team here

They just started exporting their stats too, so I added them..

stats

I've been running it on one machine for a day or two. A lot of wu's get 0 points and finish within seconds, then occasionally there is one wu that goes for 12 hours or more - very strange, there is also no time to completion shown.

Bok

This message appeared on the RCN site yesterday about the very short WUs:

Here is my hotfix for the problem with the ultra-short WU's: Currently all machines of our institute pre-process the remaining 322 000 WU's and kill the job if it takes more than 3 seconds. It seems that doing that we can _locally_ solve >70 percent until tomorrow. The remaining longer WU's will be put to the server on monday and you are likely to get the new WU-length-feeling on Thuesday or Wednesday when the old ones are finished.
    Seems like a wonderfully simple idea.
    ff/.png">

Quote Originally Posted by Bok
    I've been running it on one machine for a day or two. A lot of wu's get 0 points and finish within seconds, then occasionally there is one wu that goes for 12 hours or more - very strange, there is also no time to completion shown.

Bok
    I noticed that also, I had a lot of real short WU's then all of a sudden I have 1 that's just over 12 hours now. It's showing about 14 hours to comletion so I'll see what happens with it ...

Knight of the Old Code KWSN_Dagger's Avatar
    Gives the huge amount of files that need to upload time to complete. Ran RCN for 10 mins, and it took 45 mins for everything to upload.
    When in doubt, kick it until it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky-UK
    This message appeared on the RCN site yesterday about the very short WUs:

Seems like a wonderfully simple idea.
    Either he is not using his hotfix or it is not working. I am getting lots of 0 second WU's.

Ken