Thread: Greetings to all Free-DC members

Greetings to all Free-DC members

I just would like to let you all know that I just joined in you nice community here

If you have any questions about the DLV project I hope to help with some answers. And maybe we can learn about the features you would like to have

Welcome MacDefender.

I'm sure there will be a few gripes

Welcome,

Now that the pleasantries are out the way....

1) Option to run as a service
    2) Multiple instances within one GUI/Process
    3) Multi-Thread/No Timer setting for users without bandwidth limitations

...basically settings to allow max throughput without having 100 little RLDLV icons in the task bar of each workstation

Welcome Mac !

Is there any way to restart clients that 'hang' on Validating links ?
    I get ~many clients a day that just stop working because of this.

Thanks,
    TeeJay, aka elf

Quote Originally Posted by MacDefender
    I just would like to let you all know that I just joined in you nice community here

If you have any questions about the DLV project I hope to help with some answers. And maybe we can learn about the features you would like to have

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Hi Mac.

I would like to see implemented a feature where the client only tests links from the country we live.
    I have internationl bandwidth limitations and I only can run RL a few days a month.

Cheers,

Carlos

Ditto to what meep said!

Quote Originally Posted by meep
    ...basically settings to allow max throughput without having 100 little RLDLV icons in the task bar of each workstation
    Plus:
    4) Ability to set CPU affinity (via command line switch preferable to a "config" setting).

Wow, that's a lot to tdink about. But we're already looking into the 'only links from your country' option. Maybe we'll find a way to have this implemented in the next version.

But first if you're having problems with the client please add the system you're using. In the case 'client hangs' I know that it's Windows as the Mac client can't hang there. I guess the same is true for the 'CPU affinity' setting, as this could be set in the OS X version using the systems own capability. It should be no problem to add this feature to the Win client. And of cause the client shouldn't be allowed to hang anywhere

And we're already thinking about changing the behavior of our next versions. For example there is no need to limit the number (timer) one client is allowed to check if you allow using 10000 clients in parallel. It would be much better to just have one client with a 'check a link every x seconds'-like option and allow setting x to 0 for users with unlimited traffic.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Hi MacDefender,

welcome to the Free-DC forums..

How about a stats export in csv or xml format or even just plain text of all the users, so I don't have do multiple gets on the individual team pages in order to generate the stats?

All that would be needed is

name, team, links, 404's and my scripts will do the rest...

Bok

How the heck do you post to the project forum?

I tried my email and nick, and neither one works.

Angus

You can't use your RL client credentials to login to the forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDefender

Will you make a better UN install for your client the one you have now is not working I uninstall your client, reboot and your client starts back up
    I had to go in and delete the DIR Not good for for us with more the 10 PC's