Thread: Strange Stats

Strange Stats

Came across this in the Free-DC SoB Stats this morning, 15 users, all from Team Ukraine, and all posting very similar numbers. Maybe a quick check is in order.

"Semper In Excrementa" "Cîam en des sterko"

I think it is better to get it from the *official* stats when making a report like that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sobukraine.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	971  

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    All pointing to a single SBQueue perhaps then dumping it ? One test is about 1.3T or so I think, so perhaps dumping 3 tests each?

Bok

Speaking of strange stats:

I just checked the secret stats, and max n for First Pass is listed up around 286 million.

Maybe in a decade or two we'll be able to cope with n's that high, but right now, I think it's a mistake.

Sceptical Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong
    Speaking of strange stats:

I just checked the secret stats, and max n for First Pass is listed up around 286 million.

Maybe in a decade or two we'll be able to cope with n's that high, but right now, I think it's a mistake.
    Probably someone who forgot to set the base value for the data to decimal when playing with the registry (Windows).
    For example min n in the drop test queue right now is 11651369 and 0x11651369h = 291 836 777 Dec and 286 667 416Dec = 0x11163298h.

Sceptic
    Violently sceptical!

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic
    Probably someone who forgot to set the base value for the data to decimal when playing with the registry (Windows).
    For example min n in the drop test queue right now is 11651369 and 0x11651369h = 291 836 777 Dec and 286 667 416Dec = 0x11163298h.

Sceptic
    Which sort of confuses me - theoretically, that test wouldn't have ever been in a queue - so if the server never handed it out, how could someone drop it?