Thread: Sob Push News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Sob Push News

Ok,

we are doing pretty well right now, hovering around the 300M mark for rate. This gives us something in the region of close to 30T per day I think.

Currently we are 3000T behind the teams immediately above us, so we really need to be gaining at a higher rate to keep this interesting..

Anandtech have seemingly lost their top producer knocking their rate down to only 50-60M which helps us somewhat..

Bok

Love to help but

it can't be run offline adn AMDs suck so I'm told.

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

sbqueue is your friend http://home.att.net/~k.brazier/programs/java/sbqueue/index.html
    All I run with is AMD

Just firing up some clients on this jobby... regarding offline clients and sbqueue. Is it possible to download WU's and transfer them to a permanently offline server, complete the units then transfer them back to a inet connected workstation for upload?

Actually AMD's don't suck at SOB.

One of my fastest boxes on SOB is a dual core A64.
    2640mhz x2, easily matches the output of my Pentium D's

Note:
    The old XP's are poor performers though, no SSE2.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meep
    Just firing up some clients on this jobby... regarding offline clients and sbqueue. Is it possible to download WU's and transfer them to a permanently offline server, complete the units then transfer them back to a inet connected workstation for upload?
    On linux it's very easy as it's all in just two files, a zXXXXXXX file and a cache file. Windows though goes into the registry. It's certainly doable, but a little more work involved.

Bok

I'll get on board as soon as I solve a problem caused by a Windows update(for the second time). I turn on my computer, it boots up, and when it's finished booting up, it pretends like I've told it to shut down. Thankfully, when it shuts down, it saves state before shutting down, so, statistically, less chance for damage.

My dad's on the phone with Dell, but I'm pretty sure Microsoft should be the one handling this problem.

Please don't let this response change the topic, if I need help, I'll post in the hardware forum. I just wanted to vent.

Only 7.5 days until barbecue!

We are about 5.5 days from Halloween. I wish there was just a little more firepower out there and we could have a Halloween Bonfire with Cow on the menu!!!
    Distributed Hold'em

our stats builder says about 10 days well now we'll see who are better in maths, the cows or the dc'ers

Well seeing how I've never seen Bok's stats really be too far off...

There'd just have to be another giant for the cows to make it closer to 10 days.

At the current pace I'd pin it around 8 days to go but a few members still may have offline nodes (like Fozzie) that he can bring a good dump over for us to make it shorter.

Who knows but we'll just keep along.
    Distributed Hold'em

Back from holiday

Hopefully all the systems kept going at work so should have some WUs to come Monday evening.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Talking

you went on Hols at a time like this