Thread: account creation fully open

account creation fully open

hello,

the account creation is fully open and it seems there isn't any bug left ... beta state is almost there

free-dc is second just after amd-user

we need more power to go to first place ... even 1 WU a week is something so if you have boinc, just add the project !

let's sieve

tnerual

What is up with their forum???

IT took me a bazillion (well, quite a few) tries to get by their danged registration "read the goofy letters" thing, and now I haven't gotten the confirmation email.

Can someone who CAN get on their forum please ask about it?

Why can't they use the integrated BOINC forum like the other projects?

Stats: I'm getting different credits for WUs completed on the same box. They all take about the same time +/- 30 minutes, with maybe 30 seconds variation. On one I'll get 7 credits (sometimes 7.03) and on the next I'll get 10 credits (or 10.03). What's the deal? I thought the whole BOINC system was going to comparable credit - 14 credits/hour or 20 credits/hour for the same work desn't sound right to me.

It looks to me that the credit varies if you find a factor. 7 points with no factor. 10 points if a factor is found. I have one WU that credited 13. I think that WU had two factors.

Ken

That's correct. Each work unit gets a certain amount of credit, and 3 points is added for every factor.

jasong is true and in the long term factor density will decrease and then the 7 fixed credit will increase.

the actual density is 1 factor every 6 WU so it's about 0.5 credit per WU
    7+0.5=7.5 credit per WU and that give 15 credit per hour on your computer.

the way the project give credit is the only way to have fair credit ...

tnerual

Quote Originally Posted by tnerual
    jasong is true and in the long term factor density will decrease and then the 7 fixed credit will increase.

the actual density is 1 factor every 6 WU so it's about 0.5 credit per WU
    7+0.5=7.5 credit per WU and that give 15 credit per hour on your computer.

the way the project give credit is the only way to have fair credit ...

tnerual
    Interesting way of doing things. I didn't know the factor bonus would increase.

That factor bonus definitely makes things interesting.

the factor bonus will not increase ...

but has the factor density decrease, and as time to do a WU increase (G increase) or decrease (#k decrease due to prime finding), the fixed part per WU will be adapted to keep the hourly credit almost constant ...

now you have something like 0.5 bonus credit per WU (3 credit per factor, one factor every 6 WU) and you do 1W ===7.5 credit per hourU in One hour

imagine that suddenly factor density is divided by 2 ... time to do a WU will still be the same ... but you will only have a bonus of 0.25 (3/12) at this time, the fixed credit will be adjusted to 7.25 so that you still have 7.5 credit an hour

same thing if time increase (for the same computer)

we can see credit as a $/hour of work , some people get more $ because they are working faster, but you always have the same credit for the same amount of work (in the semi long term, due to factor bonus)

and just to say it:
    i got a WU with 3 factor .