Thread: New born kittens!

Red face New born kittens!

My sister works for the RSPCA and they recently had to have a very young pregnant cat because the owners were alcoholics and weren't fit to look after the her. She was due to have kittens within a week and my sister was the only person that could take her in. A few weeks later she had 7 kittens behind my sister's sofa, 6 of which are fit and well (one didn't make it )!

I know everyone likes photos of cute kitties so here are some to keep you all going. The first two are old ones, just after the kittens were born, the rest are very recent.

Oh the cuteness!

My favourite is the black and white one which was cleverly named Panda. If all goes well I should end up with 2 or 3 for myself.

Cute

Great to have around the house.

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Blog Entries
    Cute!

I'd like to have one, but it is not possible
    the-mk

Talking

once upon a time, i had 3. Cats are great.

wife >> can ihave a cat, please

Free-DC's Prime Search
    I had one but the cat decided to fly from the 5th floor!!!

Carlos

Alpha,

You and your sister already know this..but SHE ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Thank you God for someone like your sister.

The defense of helpless creatures is a sacred task and I'm grateful our world still has people like your sister and you in it.

Be most well my friend

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Thanks China. People like my sister get very little credit for the work they do, and it seems that every day brings shockingly new lows. You wouldn't believe the number of cats/dogs/etc. that get dumped places and have to be rescued. Its horrible really.

Anyhoo, we ended up with 3 kittens in the end and they have been living with us for over a week now. We've literally taken hundreds of photos but I'll select a few of the best and post them here in the next couple of days if people are still interested.

The other 3 kittens and their mum have all gone to new homes now also and seem to be getting on fine!

So cute! I have a white cat, 9 months old. I love cats and dogs.

As Bob Barker would say,"Don't forget to spay and neuter your pets."

Also, I believe you're more likely to get a healthy, non-aggressive pet if you go ahead and get a mutt(does that name just refer to dogs?) .

All our pets have been what my mother likes to call "Humane Society Specials."

Well our cats are not even going outside until they are all neutered. This is what the RSPCA suggest to all of their customers, as it prevents more unwanted pets which would undoubtedly end back up at the RSPCA anyway.

Since they can not be neutered until they are 6 months old they have quite a lot more indoors time ahead of them.

jasong, do you mean the "runt"? The runt of this litter was the one which didn't make it and I mentioned in the first post. The dog we had until a couple of years ago was the runt of the pack and he was the most adorable dog ever.

Guilherme, my sister tells me that you have to be careful with cats that have white ears because they are more susceptible to skin cancer. This is confirmed on Wikipedia (second bullet point, last sentence).

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    jasong, do you mean the "runt"? The runt of this litter was the one which didn't make it and I mentioned in the first post. The dog we had until a couple of years ago was the runt of the pack and he was the most adorable dog ever.
    I assume you're referring to my "mutt" reference. My family is of the opinion that mutts(basically dogs that are not considered purebred) are less likely, in general, to be naturally aggressive. We had a dog named Jesse, who wasn't used to being around strangers. Every time she ran away, we worried that she would bite someone who got too close. She was a mutt, but I treated her badly, and it's basically considered my fault(I agree, btw) that she was a "bad" dog when she was alive.

The funny thing about her running away is that my dad used to go running with her, so when she got out of the fence, she retraced that entire multi-mile route and then came home. Dogs are smarter than we think.

OK, so I finally found time to get some good recent pics. As before, these are all just thumbnails so clickety click to embiggen!

Panda sleeping on their favourite blanket. They go crazy for it!

JD in his favourite place - the top of my girlfriend's wardrobe.

Panda and Finley posing.

Panda, JD and Finley posing.

US-Distributed Member
    I love the "soul patch" on Panda.

KITTEN UPDATE!

The cats had their first birthday a few days ago, so here are some updated shots (click for bigger).

Finley, feeling thirsty.

Panda sleeping. They still love that blanket.

Panda, looking at me affectionately.

Panda and JD. JD got to the blanket first! Haha!

I'm currently negotiating for a female tortoiseshell which had been shot in the leg three times with an air rifle. No photos of her yet, but there will be some soon because she is gorgeous!
    Last edited by alpha; 07-24-2007 at 06:46 AM.

Good shots and fine-looking cats!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.