Thread: CD/DVD software question

Blog Entries

Question CD/DVD software question

Hi,

what kind of software do you use for burning CDs or DVDs and emulating ISO images as drive?

I'd like to replace Nero Burning ROM and Nero Image Drive, which are really great tools, with some freeware programs on windows platform.

Anybody heard something from CDBurnerXP (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)? Is that a good and stable tool?

Do you have some suggestions for freeware replacement?

Thanks!
    the-mk

Free-DC's Prime Search
    To burn DVD images I use DVD Decrypter and Nero for DVD data.

Carlos

For CD (audio and data) burning I use burnatonce which is a freeware frontend to some open source burning applications (which come bundled with it). Not sure if it does DVD though, and since I don't burn data DVDs I can't really suggest anything.

For mounting an ISO image as a virtual drive I use DAEMON Tools which is also freeware. I don't use it that much anymore but I've never had any problems. Actually, this looks to be bundled with (be it, optional) junkware:

This version has an option to install client-side software applications (DAEMON Tools Searchbar and Save Now) that deliver a limited number of behaviorally targeted and contextually relevant coupons, ads and comparative shopping results directly to consumers desktops - without compromising the privacy, security or smooth functioning of peoples computers!
    Might be best to find something else for this unless it doesn't bother you.

For drive emulation I use Alcohol120%.

For DVD copy protection removal I use AnyDVD
    For DVD ripping and burning I use CloneDVD.

These aren't "freeware" persay but you can pay for them if you'd like. They have trial periods and are absolutely the BEST out there for DVD ripping when combined.

-Jeff
    Distributed Hold'em

Quote Originally Posted by alpha

......For mounting an ISO image as a virtual drive I use DAEMON Tools which is also freeware. I don't use it that much anymore but I've never had any problems. Actually, this looks to be bundled with (be it, optional) junkware:.......
    I have a pre spyware version here if needed. LMK

Quote Originally Posted by the-mk

Anybody heard something from CDBurnerXP (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/)? Is that a good and stable tool?

Do you have some suggestions for freeware replacement?

Thanks!
    Never used it myself but only heard good stuff about it.