Thread: Let's build a web page for people who buy stuff just for DCing.

Let's build a web page for people who buy stuff just for DCing.

One of the things that has frustrated me is there is no central place to go to calculate best bang for buck.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a central location that gave links that dealt with:

--wattage of motherboards, cpus, and RAM.

--dealt with, in an easily viewable fashion(if possible), the different influences more RAM has.

--if possible, linked to prices for different combinations for comparing(not sure how much effort this would take)

--barring unusually good deals, tell what is usually best bang for buck for each project, be it a single core, dual core, or...?

Lastly, has anybody ever sat down and tried to come up with a formula to deal with the effects of computing on heating and air-conditioning bills? I would be very interested if anyone could come up with a formula for this. Maybe we could come up with a basic formula and slowly add things like atmospheric leakage(air leaving the house), how much an air conditioner has to work to deal with each watt of power of the cpu, etc.

This doesn't necessarily have to be a Free-DC page, and if you didn't have any graphics, uploads would be of a minimal amount.

So, guys, what do you think? Am I the only one that would be interested in a page like this?

Distributed Hold'em

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMooseInc
    Thats what I said

So, guys, what do you think? Am I the only one that would be interested in a page like this?
    To jasong Yes It to depressing to think how much stuff cost to run Find a good deal run with or NOT