Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Individual team pages for all projects

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Individual team pages for all projects

Started this a while ago as an offshoot of the development of the team dcr. Tidied it up a bit and added some features which I'll try to explain.. IT's very much like the users.php page just for teams rather than individuals

here

There is a dropdown to select which team you want so for instance for Free-DC it becomes

Free-DC stats

I'm displaying every project even if I don't have a team defined. If you hover or go to the link on the score is will show the name of the team I have. Sometimes there might not be a team=xxxx displayed but a number is there. This is due to the project having a null team, i.e. a team with a name of spaces. I could stop this but don't want to just yet...

The other thing I was trying to do with this is to allow people to let me know team names for various projects. It's a huge task for me to update my database with every team name for every project. So, I've written a short form which basically allows you to submit name updates. It actually generates the sql for me and saves it into a seperate DB (doesn't do the update itself right now - too dangerous ) I'll keep a watch on this table and do the updates. You have to be logged in to the forum, just like using statstool in order to do this as I log it by username.

These updates will then be applied and will be used on the DCR Teams page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Other team members, I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word...

Bok

Blog Entries
    Made the updates requested by AMD Users...

Depsid has yet to be added to the team_alias table. Will be doing that today.

Thanks guys.

In the name of TeAm Anandtech, all I can say is: you and many thx for all the effort you put into this. I'll spread the word over on TA.

Blog Entries
    Well, the response to this is pretty disappointing. In the one week since I put this up, I've had two members from AMD Users (thanks guys) use it only.

Is no one interested in the Teams DCR at all? No one even interested in helping me out. It's very easy to use the form to let me know any teams name on projects where it is missing of wrong. Anyone can go through some of the teams and do this for me, doesn't matter which team. It'll just take a few mins of your time.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok
    The other thing I was trying to do with this is to allow people to let me know team names for various projects. It's a huge task for me to update my database with every team name for every project. So, I've written a short form which basically allows you to submit name updates. It actually generates the sql for me and saves it into a seperate DB (doesn't do the update itself right now - too dangerous ) I'll keep a watch on this table and do the updates. You have to be logged in to the forum, just like using statstool in order to do this as I log it by username.

These updates will then be applied and will be used on the DCR Teams page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Other team members, I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word...

Bok

Just did the team adding for TeAm Anandtech - can be quite tricky at times to get the right names.

Blog Entries
    Multiply that be all the teams out there and you can see what kind of a task I have!!

Thanks, all your changes are applied now

Bok

I've updated a few more of the Ars teams, although I don't think you tracked us for Ubero or UD to name a couple.

Blog Entries
    Added, thanks.

I don't track ubero or UD for you but that's a simple request away

Added Ubero, if you get me the teams page at UD I'll add it in...

Bok

Multiply that be all the teams out there and you can see what kind of a task I have!!
    Indeed man, that's a lot of work! I wonder, though, why the other teams don't edit their own lists. Just lazy?

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Bok -

Maybe you can change the way stuff like Ubero and UD pull, to only pull the teams that are listed in the Teams DCR, and use the table to do that... Would make for an easy way for the teams to get their stats

Blog Entries
    It's possible but I'd have to make some radical changes. For instance in Ubero, I use the webpages which have teamid as a number, but I don't hold the team as that number (it's a throwback to long ago). With only a few individuals who seem interested, not sure if it's worth the effort to be honest.

Bok

Ubero is dead, has been for quite sometime.
    They do not have any viable work and it just sucks cpu power from other deserving projects.
    I see no need to have stats for a project like that

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    IB:

Who are we to judge a 'valid' project? There are some people still running it heavily, and love it. The stats are extremely easy to parse, and shouldn't take more than a few seconds for Bok's server, so what the hey, let them run.

Added, thanks.

I don't track ubero or UD for you but that's a simple request away

Added Ubero, if you get me the teams page at UD I'll add it in...

Bok
    Cheers. Our Grid page is http://www.grid.org/services/teams/t...C-B6B9439C957D

Ta muchly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMountainCow
    Indeed man, that's a lot of work! I wonder, though, why the other teams don't edit their own lists. Just lazy?
    I imagine it's simply that many of them don't know about all the features of Bok's stats. Most will know about the project stats, but some things like the DCR part of it I didn't know about for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Added to UD, will appear in next update..

Probably, I should do a write up on everything that's available in the stats I suppose, not my forte though....

Bok

Hi Bok,

I did team add request today Hope I did it right. I noticed that the projects with user with no team is showing up in our team stats. so I thought if you are going to update our team DCR would it be possible to defaut all projects with our team and solve the stats showing up. Or do you want me to do is from update page?

Here's our team stats http://stats.free-dc.org/teams/teams...s%20Kick%20Ass if you need to see them before updating.

Thanks

Bill
    X Grubbers Kick Ass

Check Out Our Site

Oops. I think I did it wrong. I think I'll redo the ones I messed up on.

Blog Entries
    I've ran all the ones you've posted so far, so the page looks a little better now

They will apply to the DCR next time it runs (once per hour).

I thought about defaulting in the teams regular name and even coded it that way at first, but there are a few issues with it...maybe I can work them out in the future.

Thanks

Bok

OK. Thanks Bok

Hi Bok,

I added 1 new project (proteins @ home) today for team stats and I think around last week added Cuboids and changed 17orBust to underline instead of Plus.

Also, check signature above. Free-DC is fading away and Proteins @ Home isn't showing. It's showing up in user but not signature.

Thanks and happy crunching

Bill

Blog Entries
    I'll have to take a look at proteins@Home. I'm in the middle of a bit of a work roadtrip right now (just landed in Hartford,Ct from Phoenix). I've done the few updates you've requested. Will try to take a look at the sigs on friday as I'm ina a meeting all day tomorrow before flying home..

Bok

*EDIT* never mind, I fixed proteins@home.

Hi Bok,

That was a fast fix

Thanks,

Bill

Blog Entries
    Thanks NeoGen for doing all those updates the last couple of days, it really helps me out!

Bok

Blog Entries
    Thanks Neogen, KAMCOBILL and Birdman2584 for more updates across multiple teams.

More of this and we should see the DCR for teams really taking shape..

I added in some teams to projects where I'm not tracking all teams yesterday, like Climate Prediction Classic and OGR24 (even though it's finished).

Is there an archived list of seti classic scores anywhere ??

I'm hoping to do more coding around the DCR this week (more tracking etc)

Any suggestions will be aprreciated

Bok

Thanks NeoGen for doing all those updates the last couple of days, it really helps me out!

Bok
    No Bok, thank YOU for the awesome stats you provide us all with!

I would do more but I'm having problems connecting to the DCR Teams page, it takes about a minute to fully load a stats page. Don't know if it's my slow connection (2Mbit/128kbit), Microsoft IE7, or simply bad routes between our countries. I'll keep trying.

You can join our Team too!
    Click the image above and visit our website!

yeah, what neogen said...thanks a ton for the stats!

Blog Entries
    I'm going to do a small page to show which updates haven't been done and I'm also thinking of ranking the users who do updates for me (just for fun!!)..

Here is the current count

| birdman2584 | 128 |
    | NeoGen | 97 |
    | KAMCOBILL | 36 |
    | Bok | 16 |
    | BlackMountainCow | 10 |
    | Biggles | 5 |
    | vaughan | 2 |
    | AMDave | 2 |
    | XS_Martijn | 1 |

Bok

Blog Entries
    yikes,

all those updates have certainly had an effect....

Teams DCR

Bok

Oops... Sorry...

I'll try to update some non-boinc projects to even things a bit.

Bok: you probably already know this, but I just wanted to make sure.

On the different team pages for example: BleedinEdge , the places on the stats where it is supposed to be 0 is showing the total score for all users not in a team. An example of this is for Riesel Base 5 PRP in which all the people not on a team equal around 90,000 points and if you look at that teams page they have a score of 90,000 also.

Other projects with this problem are:
    Bewes (shows project rank)
    DPAD
    eOn
    PSP Proth
    PSP Sieve
    Predictor@home (shows project rank)
    Riesel Base 5 PRP
    Riesel Base 5 Sieve
    Riesel Sieve (rank)
    Riesel Sieve LLR (rank)
    Sierpinski Base 5 PRP
    Sierpinski Base 5 Sieve
    Seventeen or Bust
    WhatPulse
    Distributed Folding
    FAD

I dont know if this is effecting the rank of the teams any, but I just thought I would raise the question.

Thanks Again!

Blog Entries
    hmm,

where the team name is spaces, yes, that's a bug. I'll see if I can fix it.

I don't think it affects the rankings though as they don't get a score in the DCR as you can see here

I'm doing some additional coding to the teams page now to show the DCR score for each project with movement, just trying to figure out a 2 dimensional php array which isn't quite working!! Where is dp, I've just pinged him on IRC, he must be away

Bok

sounds like a plan

Blog Entries
    Fixed.

Actually I hadn't realised we didn't have the Free-DC team in for the r5 and s5 projects. I added them...

All of your changes are up to date too.

Bok

Yeah, that all looks a lot cleaner too.

Another possible bug:

I did some work on Team 2ch, and some of the archived projects like FAD arent giving any credit. The link to their page works, but the totals for the team arent adding down at the bottom for "team total" I dont know how many other teams this may effect.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    :yikes:

you had me worried for a minute. I thought my database was corrupt!!

It's just a case sensitivity thing. Their team name on fad is actually 'Team2ch' and not 'team2ch'.

I think the link works as the sql for getting the individals must be case insensitive somehow on teamstats.php. Actually on second thoughts it's probably the way the table columns are defined for the users table. i.e. the team is not a key. mysql as default, I think, doesn't care about case sensitivity. But you can force it to if it's the key which I have for the team table..

I fixed their fad one.

phewwww

Bok

ok, so I need to be careful about the case then? If I try to go back and fix those other ones, will the request go through if there is already a link put in?

Blog Entries
    it will. All it does is generate an update statement for me to run, then I just pull all the statements and run them

I should put some automation in, maybe.

Bok

Blog Entries
    I just added a ton of them where the team name matches the team alias name via a script. Let's see what the next update produces

Bok

I bet that will knock out a ton of us to do manually...saving lots of time...

Bok, be careful if you find more than one teams with the same name. It's possible on Boinc projects and it has happened already. Generally, the one with higher points is the correct one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast