Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Individual team pages for all projects

Bok... how can we supply more teams into the DCR? Or even into some projects stats that don't show all?
    I've noticed a few fairly strong teams out there missing from the DCR that I'd like to add, like BOINC@Australia, TEAMgsvr, BOINC@Poland, etc, but there is no option on the page. I even tried manipulating the page link and submitting to see if it would work but no visible result came up (you probably received some errors on your end)

And on some other projects I tried adding teams that were not represented on your stats, like on CPDN Classic there's only 6 teams currently being tracked and I tried adding some more on the DCR stats that are not being tracked, and it also didn't work.
    There are not many teams on that project in particular, less than 100, so I wouldn't mind submitting them manually one by one if I could. Is there a way to do it?

You can join our Team too!
    Click the image above and visit our website!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    hmm, good point,

it'll have to be manually for now until I do a new form.

I've just added those 3 you mentioned.

As for tracking new teams on projects such as CPDN classic, I can't see any way of automating it. I pull the data via the xml feed but it's for individual teams. I'm happy to add more though.

The feeds are of the form

http://cpdn.comlab.ox.ac.uk/user/grp...p?name=Free-DC

So I just have a list of them in my script, if you can find the exact team names I'll add them all in.

For Folding@Home, it's just the teamid I need, for instance Free-DC is 60.

For OGR25 and RC572 I have to retrieve the overall stats pages for each team, so for instance for Free-DC I get

http://stats.distributed.net/team/tm...=25&team=26268

And parse that one..

Bok

Hmm... now that I look at it more closely, it's more teams than I thought at CPDN classic. I only used to see the top 200.
    But nevertheless, here's a listing of teams I collected from the site... all 898 of them. Each line of the text file is the name of a team on CPDN classic. (Even those weird ones with symbols)
    p.s. - Be careful, the 6 teams tracked on the stats are in that list too.

So... are you sure you want me to find teams names to add to the other projects stats too? ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    I'll see how long the script takes to run. Getting 898 pages would not be quick

For some projects like WCG and UD it's just impractical to do all teams unless they provided a feed. I don't really want to add too many more to those projects..

F@H, whereas they do provide a text file with all the scores in and I do get it, it takes a long long time to parse the whole lot.

OGR and RC5 would be almsot impossible to do all teams too, but they only update once per day so I think 100 or even 500 teams is probably ok.

Bok

Bok, another question or perhaps something you should look into. For "L'Alliance Francophone", there are many entries, such as chess960 that arent showing up, but the link takes it to their page. It also does not show them on the team dcr page. And another thing is this the same team as "Alliance Francophone"? Thanks for the guidance on getting this working correcly.

Blog Entries
    I'll check it out today.

Bok

Blog Entries
    I think it's fixed now. Was a problem with quoting in the perl script which does the actual calculations. Missed doing the $dbh->quote on one of the sql calls

Let me know if it looks ok now ?

Bok

Bok... don't know if you've looked into the CPDN classic teams list I posted above, and the possibility of adding them all, but I got another question for you already.
    I've noticed that you only track 5 teams on SETI classic, the archived project. And the SETI stats seem to still be up and running, altough there's not a way to get them by xml or some all-at-once way. I found the old site and in the stats page we can get the teams listing for teams started with 'A', then with 'B', then with 'C'... and so on...
    So... if I make a push at it, download all those pages, parse all those teams into a huge list in a recognizable format (xml, csv, or some other if you prefer), the question is... Will you add the >50,000 teams into the stats??

I am confident that I can pull the job, and I would like it that you could host them because I know that with you that data will be kept alive and safe for many more years to come. I don't trust that the old classic SETI site will stay online for much longer.

But they're literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of teams... and even bigger numbers for participants. I think the problem is if you have the available space to host all that. The project is stopped, so it would not take any bandwidth to update.

So... what do you say? Shall we salvage it?

p.s. - I still don't see BOINC@Australia or the others on the Teams DCR... I can't pick them on the drop down combo boxes either, so I don't know how to update their DCR values. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    It's a one time for Seti so go for it... let me know where to get the stats....not tonight though... need to spend the night with the wife

Remind me about Boinc@autralia and I'll I get it fixed..

Bok

Bok, Boitho is not listed on the team DCR pages, but it is available to add through the drop down box on bug submissions. Not sure if you meant to do this or not.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I did. At least I think I did.

I know I didn't include it in the DCR for some reason, but I forget what (must be old age !).

Same as Dolphin, Whatpulse and TKC. They are included (and actually show in the DCR for now..) but their totals do not get included in the DCR totals.

But the dropdown should contain every project as it can still appear in the teams homepage regardless of it being in the DCR.

Bok

Tapped the keys a few times and updated a few for you.
    Starting with the funky characters and ones that I know have odd differences across projects off the top of my head. Sticking with a team-at-once approach so I don't revisit them. No idea how many entries I put through but I see the updates coming through today, so you are keeping up
    Let us know if you get overloaded. More coming this weekend. hehe
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    -----------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    No problem... keep them coming. I've had close to 1000 submissions so far which is really helping. I scripted something to do the actual updates

Bok

Hey! I just noticed this thread has stats on stats. LOL That's funny.
    . . . . . ___

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen
    Bok... how can we supply more teams into the DCR? Or even into some projects stats that don't show all?
    I've noticed a few fairly strong teams out there missing from the DCR that I'd like to add, like BOINC@Australia, TEAMgsvr, BOINC@Poland, etc, but there is no option on the page.
    Bok, I know you said you added these, but I dont see them on the drop-down box to switch teams.

I've just added those 3 you mentioned.
    Also, I was wondering if we could add some of those other teams that seem to have quite a bit of power in them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I thought I had as well

I've added them now and they are showing up in the list...

Go for it, just let me know the teams and I'll add them!

Bok

SETI.USA
    Einstein@UWM
    Canada
    BOINC.Italy
    Taiwan
    USA
    Portugal@Home
    BOINCstats
    Special: Off-Topic

This is it for now...and a question, how often are the team dcr stats updated?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    All added!

It's run every hour..
    Bok

I hate to be a pain, but something isnt working right.

The scores show up properly, but they arent being factored into the dcr rankings.

for example BOINC@Poland isnt showing any dcr rank in the upper right hand corner, and they arent listed on the teams dcr page within the rankings.

Thanks

I made maybe a couple of hundred entries (not sure how many - wanna update that table bok? )
    What I note is that this only adds the score for the teams if bok's stats already process the stats for that team in that project. For some projects if the team is not included in the project stats this score will not come up on the Teams DCR. It does not trigger the processing of the stats for that team in the project. I am guessing that would require bok to add them into the table/script for that project. Is that right?
    . . . . . ___

Blog Entries
    Correct,

For some I need to add specific pages to parse in the scripts.

DNET, F@H, UD and WCG all srping to mind..

So I need to be told of any new teams for those. UD and WCG are particularly troublesome..

Bok

Hey bok, any word on that problem with the team stats?

Blog Entries
    oops, sorry. I read that late last night then forgot about it. They should show up in the next update. I have a flag on the table to say whether they are included in the DCR (just a left over from the users one where it's optional) and didn't set it for the new teams..

Bok

Mr. Bok, Excellent job once again, it is appreciated

Blog Entries
    sure thing. Thanks for doing all the team changes, it certainly has shaken it up somewhat

Bok

no problemo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12