Thread: Add rank percentiles to the personal stats page?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Add rank percentiles to the personal stats page?

I dont frequent this forum often, so I searched as much as I could, and didn't find anyone requesting this yet. I'd love to see my overall rank percentile for each project. I dont think any stats sites offer this on the grand scale. Boincsynergy.com does, but they only cover boinc projects.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Can you explain a little more please ? I think I know what you mean but I'd rather have a beeter explanation than assuming..

Perhaps an example.

Bok

Sure, heres an example from boincsynergy. By the way, impressive response time.

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Bok -

It's like when your kids (or even you, maybe) took tests, that said you were in the 95th percentile, or the 75th, etc. It means you rank higher than that percentage of users.

Pretty much... would just be

(Total users - user rank) / Total users *100

Just a thought, but I think that it looks cool. Especially for those mega projects.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    This can be done quickly or properly

Quickly would be a breeze, but as I don't actually hold a value for number of users in a project it ouwld require a count(*) on the table for each project within php. Not pleasant on the larger projects.

So, I'll add some code in the perl scripts to ascertain the value each time the script runs and save it in the DB. Will most likely make the percentiles an optional column configurable via statstool too.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbill
    Pretty much... would just be

(Total users - user rank) / Total users *100
    If you want the leader to be shown as 100% instead, it would need to be ((total_users - user_rank + 1) / total_users) * 100
    ff/.png">