Thread: Add rank percentiles to the personal stats page?

Add rank percentiles to the personal stats page?

I dont frequent this forum often, so I searched as much as I could, and didn't find anyone requesting this yet. I'd love to see my overall rank percentile for each project. I dont think any stats sites offer this on the grand scale. Boincsynergy.com does, but they only cover boinc projects.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Can you explain a little more please ? I think I know what you mean but I'd rather have a beeter explanation than assuming..

Perhaps an example.

Bok

Sure, heres an example from boincsynergy. By the way, impressive response time.

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Bok -

It's like when your kids (or even you, maybe) took tests, that said you were in the 95th percentile, or the 75th, etc. It means you rank higher than that percentage of users.

Pretty much... would just be

(Total users - user rank) / Total users *100

Just a thought, but I think that it looks cool. Especially for those mega projects.

Blog Entries
    This can be done quickly or properly

Quickly would be a breeze, but as I don't actually hold a value for number of users in a project it ouwld require a count(*) on the table for each project within php. Not pleasant on the larger projects.

So, I'll add some code in the perl scripts to ascertain the value each time the script runs and save it in the DB. Will most likely make the percentiles an optional column configurable via statstool too.

Bok

Awesome, am looking forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbill
    Pretty much... would just be

(Total users - user rank) / Total users *100
    If you want the leader to be shown as 100% instead, it would need to be ((total_users - user_rank + 1) / total_users) * 100
    ff/.png">

Blog Entries
    I've started this..

The boinc ones I had the data anyway. I store that in a seperate table which enables the data on for instance this page. So I got to thinking, what the hell, I should just have the same data for all the projects really (not the hosts obviously, though dimes does have them..), so I've altered my perl script to do this. Eon is enabled right now and I've just done d2ol and tsc, though they haven't updated quite yet.. I'll have to code the allproj.sql page to accept non boinc projects as it's if'd out, but that's no big deal. The big thing is that I don't like to just jump into allowing changes to the gathering script across all projects, so I'll enable them one by one and watch the results carefully...

You can see the results here on the boinc projects and eon (and hopefully d2olnew and tsc though I actually have zero points in them )

For the archived projects I'll have to write a script that will post the final totals into this table. Easy enough.

Bok

Good work Bok

One minor problem, if your rank is 0 the percentile comes out greater than 100%. Eg my BURP account has 0 credit, 0 rank and 100.05% percentile.
    ff/.png">

Blog Entries
    Ah, ok. I'll fix that. That's due in part to your updated algorithm...Is that totally accurate??

hmm, let's say there are 100 users in a project and you are ranked 75

(100 - 75 + 1) / 100 * 100% = 26% .

/shrug

I understand needing to get to 100% for the #1 ranked person, but otherwise it's not what I'd expect.

Dunno, it's friday afternoon and I'm also debugging some Cobol for work and my brain hurts!

Bok

That is badass Bok. Looks great already.

I think I'm missing somethng. I can't find the percentiles. This is all I can find in config "Do not show percentage columns" and it's not checked. Am I doing something wrong?
    X Grubbers Kick Ass

Check Out Our Site

Blog Entries
    It's not on there yet as I haven't finished all the projects. For now it defaults to on in the users2.php page.

Bok

OK Bok. Lookin' Good.