Thread: Combined sieve with Prime sierpenski

Combined sieve with Prime sierpenski

I'm just wondering how the whole combined sieve with Prime Sierpenski works and if we have to reserve the same range over here that we've reserved over there.

No double reservations needed. You head over to www.mersenneforum.org, get your range, the larger .dat file, and start crunching. Welcome! H.

Dragon,

Exactly like hhh stated.

Simply head over to PSP and download the 19k dat and reserve there. Submitted factors will make their way back to SoB. Or submit your factors twice once there and once here through our on-line submission page.

You can also reserve SoB ranges and sieve those with the 19K dat. But if you do please sieve large ranges like 1000G and only submit to PSP once the entire range is finished. Also please make sure you reserve on Matt's site as Combined.

How do I reserve a certain range on Matt's site? It looks like it's all automated, so it gives me a range, instead of letting me pick a range.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOrta
    How do I reserve a certain range on Matt's site? It looks like it's all automated, so it gives me a range, instead of letting me pick a range.
    Matt's site is all automated, and is for SB sieving only.
    The reservations for Combined sieving with the PSP project are done manually in the following post http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthr...2115#post92115.
    That is the only place that you need to reserve a combined range, and is in fact the only place you can reserve a combined range.
    That is also the place to get the correct dat file. There is a link in the first post to a combined dat file. Be sure to use that dat for combined sieving.
    Either rename it to sob.dat or use the s=<filename> option on the command line when you start the sieve program
    Joe O

I've been doing combined sieving for a while now, filling in some of the holes that SOB have only sieved to 20m.

Have just started a 17.3T range and if our house purchase goes through, and we move in before Christmas, then I'll be able to start up my 2 other "machines" that will help me crunch that in a couple of months!
    Quad 2.5GHz G5 PowerMac. Mmmmm.
    My Current Sieve Progress: http://www.greenbank.org/cgi-bin/proth.cgi