Thread: More than one instance of EON running

Question More than one instance of EON running

Is it possible to run two or more EON clients at once on a multi-processor machine? How?

The way I've done it is to copy the folder Eon is installed to and just click client.exe in both folders. And hey presto, two instances.

Might be a better way though.

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Glenn,

The strategy I use is:

number of instances=number of cores+1

You can do as Biggles said but there's a litle problem when you try to run the GUI or as a service. So better install eOn as many times as you want into different folders.

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    Glenn,

The strategy I use is:

number of instances=number of cores+1

You can do as Biggles said but there's a litle problem when you try to run the GUI or as a service. So better install eOn as many times as you want into different folders.

Carlos
    Maybe I'm thinking of a different project, but I seem to remember that if you simply copy from one folder to another, it will only work temporarily. There's a trick to it. /me goes to look for the link. Here you go.

Copying the entire folder works fine. It's if you create a new folder and copy only the client.exe, client.cfg and .dll file to the new folder. The DLLs are the library files, but they can change. What that post said was you need a file called key.pub in case of changing libraries. But if you copy the entire folder you have all the files anyway.

Thanks

have 8 instances running on my machine and has been working fine for several days now

Free-DC's Prime Search
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn119
    have 8 instances running on my machine and has been working fine for several days now
    I noticed that!

Oh Crap

Everything has started to go to crap the last day first client 7 and 8 reported problems and had to be closed then after reboot system locked up with six clients running after about 4 hours. So back to just running the one gui client!

That , hopefully the zzz's dont start showing up though.

I don't run the GUI at all, just barebones text clients. If you run too many on one machine, I believe you lose a bit of processing power to context switching between the clients. I typically run two clients per box so that minimal time is wasted between WU's.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.