Thread: dropped tests

dropped tests

whats with all of the dropped tests? retesting?

I think that the very big amount of the dropped tests is due to the inactivity of many of the users...
    Several months ago there was great productivity from many of the teams,
    i.e. - FREE DC - with rate around 1000M. Now the overall Project rate is 2000M...
    Every day the completed test were about 250-300, now - only 100-150...
    So, may be the tests in the dropped-test-queue are simply dropped automatically by the server because of the lack of transmitting even a block for more than a month for these tests.

I've been tracking this for a couple of days now. Not exactly sure what's going on but I have a few ideas.

My question to people... are you getting many tests with small n-values?
    In other words secondpass tests?

It also does not appear as though people are leaving the the project in hordes as the firstpass vs dropped suggests. (This is simply not the case).

In the worst case senario we are doing early double checks so I wouldn't worry about the ratio just yet.

A week ago there were:

41297 firstpass tests
    59552 secondpass tests

Today there are:

40831 firstpass tests
    59510 secondpass tests

Basically a difference of 42 done in secondpass 466 done in firstpass.

n-value has increased by 21430 in firstpass 2170 in secondpass.

Not sure what this tells us, I was hoping to see a marked increase in the number of secondpass tests completed vs reported due to the dropped tests, but a 1 to 11 ratio is what we are getting.

On the other hand, today we completed 8 secondpass tests. Combined between dropped and first we have about 102 (which is about right).

Anyways not sure yet but it doesn't appear to be people seeding the ques with secondpass tests.

VJS, nobody is saying, that the dropped tests are secondpass !!!
    Most of them are firstpass!

Znedelchev, I understand this. I have been watching the number of dropped test increase for quite some time. Previously it was not an issue but the ratio of first to dropped keeps increasing.

My initial thought was it was someone feeding secondpass tests into the dropped que not really a bad thing projectwise if the tests were being completed... etc...etc...

Therefore I've been keeping track. What I tried to show above was that the drop tests are infact not secondpass tests and something else is happening.

-----------------------------

At this point I think the simple solution is to increase the time before firstpass tests are dropped/reassigned by the server.

Does anyone remember what the current time-out or drop level is for the server?

I'll pm louie.

One member of DPC mobees had some trouble with his SBQueue. It causes his pendingtests be over 800 while he only has 30 boxes. He had expired some recently and he changed some settings of SBQueue. http://sob.qik.nl/index.php?team=34&...-26&user=12454
    SBQueue can not handle well with much boxes and causes fetching for tests without cause, also crashes.

So there is nothing to be worried about.
    Last edited by Joh14vers6; 02-26-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Also the combination with fetching on port 80 made it more problematic.

O.K. now we have 480 dropped tests in the que.

I suppose it's not a terrible issue if the tests actually have no work done on them. Perhaps there is some way this problem could be addressed? If the user has 30 clients there is no need to download more than 60 tests at a time at best.

Quote Originally Posted by vjs
    O.K. now we have 480 dropped tests in the que.

I suppose it's not a terrible issue if the tests actually have no work done on them. Perhaps there is some way this problem could be addressed? If the user has 30 clients there is no need to download more than 60 tests at a time at best.
    Today's boxes could have more than one core and thus clients. In that case 60 tests will not be sufficient.

Mobees would like to react to this thread, but today he informed me that he did receive the activation mail. Can someone fix that?

I said client each cpu may have multiple cores and each core may be able to run multiple virtual core in the future.

However each client should not have more than one test assigned plus a back up.

In that case 60 tests will not be sufficient.
    Sob has been quite stable for the last two years there is no need to store up more than the test currently assigned plus a backup. So for 30 clients 30 pending and 30 in storage is plenty, 60 total.

This is assuming that the user has continous access to the web etc.