Thread: SOB icons not showing up in tray

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I might add that I am accessing this PC via a Win XP remote desktop. hmmm...

As you determined I think running sobsvc.exe -k tells it to relaunch each time you login. This causes the icons to show in the tray when a user logs in each time.

You'll actually see SoB quit (will throw the "are you sure you want to exit?" dialog, but don't click anything) and then re-launch.

Also, make sure you DO NOT have it set to "start automatically with windows" in the configuration dialog - doing that will conflict with the service startup.

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough
    As you determined I think running sobsvc.exe -k tells it to relaunch each time you login. This causes the icons to show in the tray when a user logs in each time.

You'll actually see SoB quit (will throw the "are you sure you want to exit?" dialog, but don't click anything) and then re-launch.

Also, make sure you DO NOT have it set to "start automatically with windows" in the configuration dialog - doing that will conflict with the service startup.
    So a manualy restart should show up the icons anyway. Which it does not. the thing is it doesn't even throw up the 'Do you want to exit' box like it used to when I restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Joh14vers6
    YES! it always has been!