Thread: SOB icons not showing up in tray

SOB icons not showing up in tray

Hi, I've also posted this in paralell on the main Free-DC forum and thought I'd repost here for more attention...

"So I have a service install on a dual core. Now normally when I'm in windows, and I start/restart the SOB service, the 2 instances flash up and settle down nicely into the tray.. where I can click on them and maximise them at my pleasure.

This has stopped today. And i don't know why. When the service is started, now there is no clients in the tray. However the 2 instances of SOB are working. I need to have access to the client. Now this may have come about from a previous unstable overclock, but SHOULD be something I can fix without a complete reinstall. Right?

One other thing, I can start an instance normally (shortcut to SOB)... just seems that the service start is the problem. Interact with desktop is selected too.

Specs.. Intel Pentium D 945 3.4Ghz @ 4.3Ghz
    Windows XP SP2.
    Thanks guys."

Also...
    "Not sure -k switch is working for me.

This is the output of the log file when I use -d

[2007/03/14 18:58:27.078]: Parms retrieved: NumClients = 2, AffType = 1, WUQueue = 0, PeriodicRestart = 0, AutodialType = 0
    [2007/03/14 18:58:27.078]: TrueIdle = FALSE, MonitorRestart = TRUE, StuckRestart = FALSE, KeepVisible = TRUE
    [2007/03/14 18:58:27.078]: NormalizeXP = FALSE
    [2007/03/14 18:58:27.078]: AutoRestart OFF
    [2007/03/14 18:58:27.078]: ** SB Client version 1.10+ **

Still no joy on restarting service. Still hidden [tray icons]."

I really need to get this fixed, up. I reinstalled the client as a long shot, and updated the registry for the 2 tests I had crunching etc. Still no joy. Starting to think this is a WinXp flaw!?!?

I might add that I am accessing this PC via a Win XP remote desktop. hmmm...

As you determined I think running sobsvc.exe -k tells it to relaunch each time you login. This causes the icons to show in the tray when a user logs in each time.

You'll actually see SoB quit (will throw the "are you sure you want to exit?" dialog, but don't click anything) and then re-launch.

Also, make sure you DO NOT have it set to "start automatically with windows" in the configuration dialog - doing that will conflict with the service startup.

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough
    As you determined I think running sobsvc.exe -k tells it to relaunch each time you login. This causes the icons to show in the tray when a user logs in each time.

You'll actually see SoB quit (will throw the "are you sure you want to exit?" dialog, but don't click anything) and then re-launch.

Also, make sure you DO NOT have it set to "start automatically with windows" in the configuration dialog - doing that will conflict with the service startup.
    So a manualy restart should show up the icons anyway. Which it does not. the thing is it doesn't even throw up the 'Do you want to exit' box like it used to when I restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Joh14vers6
    YES! it always has been!