Thread: more stats

The Cruncher From Hell

more stats

Our team is rewriting our stats code, and since I wanted a nice place to see other teams stats in detail, we are tracking a few other teams right now.
    I figured you guys might like to see the stats too, so I'll post them for you to use.
    These are still beta stats, so here's the deal.
    I'll put em up here, and in exchange, you give comments and suggestions for them.
    Try not to slam my poor server too hard
    They'll be a little sluggish until about wednesday, which is when my new router should be installed, but they'll load if you are patient.

http://sjaffa.dyndns.org/~distcomp/t...p?TeamNumber=5

Thanks! Alot of Nice graphs!

Got to agree with IB. Good addition to existing stats availaible now.

Got the page bookmarked for future references.

Nice. When does accuracy kick in?

There is more to them than just the team summary page. Use the pop-up menu to select various member tables. Then click the rank number beside a member in most tables to reach the Personal stats page for that member.

Examples:

IronBits

Richard Clyne
    Get Addicted

Originally posted by Paratima
    Nice. When does accuracy kick in?
    What were you referring to? Data begins two weeks ago, so the Monthly / Yearly stats are off. Also, a timebase problem affecting the Team near term Rate graphs got fixed last night. Did you mean something else?
    Get Addicted

Originally posted by reader50
    There is more to them than just the team summary page. Use the pop-up menu to select various member tables. Then click the rank number beside a member in most tables to reach the Personal stats page for that member.

Examples:

IronBits

Richard Clyne
    Can it get any better

A must to "bookmark" for us stats junkies

What were you referring to?
    Paratima: Units yesterday: 7 ???

Hmmm..it lists MashRinx, who outproduces me by 1.4M strucs and just blew by me like I was standing still, as "Almost in the bag..."

Hmmmm.....
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Needs work.

Paratima, Chinasaur, thanks for the error feedback. For some reason the server copy is listing Paratima and MashRinx (plus a few others) as having just joined, which would give incomplete unit counts to make analysis on.

Curiously, my local copy does not have this error.
    Get Addicted

Reader,

I can't program so I'm not throwing stones..

Just found it "curious" as Spock says

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Yeah, VERY nice stats. Thanks for clueing us in on these...

I was taking a look at the "acuracy" issue people have brought up here. It looks like the data that is causing (at least) some of the issues is the "Avg/Day" data. My guess would be this is how the "Threats" and "Opportunities" are identified, and since these numbers don't look correct, that's probably going to effect several other numbers...

It looks like about 50% of the Avg #'s are correct, but the others look to have Acg's/Day below 100?...

I can't wait for this to be fixed so I can see all of the pretty GREEN people above me.

Mash

Oh, something else I forgot to ask: Is there a way to look at ALL member stats, not just those on a given team? I'd like to be able to see those "opportunities" and "threats" for all members, not just on my team...

Is this possible, and maybe something I just overlooked?

Great Stuff guys.... Thanks!

Mash

Several people are affected, and they all show as joining recently when they have been there all along. You can see them listed in the "Changes Weekly" table, which should have just a couple entries.

It looks like minor database corruption caused by a server crash a few days ago. Affects FreeDC pages, and Ars pages, but not the MacNN pages. I'm looking into it.

In the meantime, the Recent Production table (in Personals) is now present, instead of that placeholder box. And table generation on the Changes tables is also fixed, it was producing some broken tables.

MashRinx, comparisons to all folks on a project are not very practical once a project has been going for a while. The problems: too many ties, and too many people close by. Also, most projects make it hard to acquire the data. If we did track them (and we might have to track 100,000+ people on SETI, for example), you might get a list of 300+ opportunities, and just as many serious threats. I have not tried that, we are planning enough server load as it is.

Please keep the suggestions and error reports coming folks. It's worth it to us. Our MacNN members are so happy with the stats, they don't usually report bugs. Nice, but then the bugs don't get fixed...
    Get Addicted

The Cruncher From Hell
    It looks like minor database corruption caused by a server crash a few days ago. Affects FreeDC pages, and Ars pages, but not the MacNN pages. I'm looking into it.
    It was a power outage, not a crash.

It does not appear to be the crash, er power failure, after all. In two data pulls from the dFold project, a number of members showed lower units than on the previous (or later) pulls. Looks like one-time database glitches on the project side, like perhaps a stats run didn't finish before the pages went up on the 10 minute mark. That or our off-timebase page pulls caused it, which have since been fixed.

Our membermatch module will not allow a match where the units count has decreased, since you can't have negative production, so it declared the members as new members. However, it still didn't handle them right, the avg crunch rates should figure properly from the Join date, instead of showing those tiny rates.

I've deleted the bad data blocks, and the server is recompiling the data forwards. It should finish by tomorrow morning - the first bad block was over a week ago.

Thanks guys, you uncovered several serious errors, and I still need to examine the new member code to find the problem(s) there. Enjoy the stats, and keep up the feedback. We'll definitely leave them up a while.
    Get Addicted

MashRinx, comparisons to all folks on a project are not very practical once a project has been going for a while. The problems: too many ties, and too many people close by. Also, most projects make it hard to acquire the data. If we did track them (and we might have to track 100,000+ people on SETI, for example), you might get a list of 300+ opportunities, and just as many serious threats. I have not tried that, we are planning enough server load as it is.
    No problem... I hadn't considerd all of the other projects, many with tons more members... Was just curious really...

Thanks again... oh, and thanks for fixing the earlier requests so quickly too......

Mash

The "small averages" bug affected anyone who joined within the last 7 days (bug vanished after 7 days). That bug is now fixed.

Note, zero rates are usually accurate. Most users on most teams are inactive. At least they leave their units behind...

One FreeDC user "ulv" still shows as joining recently when they didn't, I'll delete the bad data block and recompile another night. "his" (her?) figures are accurate now anyway.

As I post this, the FreeDC stats have finished recompiling, while the Ars stats still have a few hours to go.
    Get Addicted

One FreeDC user "ulv" still shows as joining recently when they didn't, I'll delete the bad data block and recompile another night. "his" (her?) figures are accurate now anyway.
    You mean you can't tell sex just from looking at a forum handle? That's odd, neither can we! I think he's a guy.

How about it, Terje? You want to make any declarations, or would you rather keep us guessing?

At any rate, the charts are looking a LOT better! Y'all are obviously serious about getting them right.

Great work. Will check into them more closely when I get the time.

We've moved the beta stats to a more permanent url:

http://teamstats.macnn.com/dfold/stats.php?TeamNumber=5

I've stuck a decent redirect file in the old location, it should be smart enough to make all bookmarked links work.
    Last edited by reader50; 07-24-2002 at 04:08 AM.
    Get Addicted

The database for FreeDC is being recompiled again.

Fixes:
    1. Departures were not being tracked or shown. It's nice to have no departures, but most teams do, including FreeDC. Cause: I made typos in those code sections.
    2. Member renames were not being caught and fixed. Cause: I made typos in those sections too.
    3. Fault tolerance has been introduced, for when the project gives a slightly low figure for a member. It's happened now on several teams, and always corrects within a few stats updates.
    4. A few small fixes elsewhere which had not affected anything yet.

It must have been really good booze the night I coded those sections, because I don't remember drinking any. The recompile will take 15 - 16 hours.

The data age tags will show how the server is catching up to the present. Fresh data will still be entered every 10 minutes during the recompile, there will be no data gaps afterwards.
    Get Addicted

Thanks!

The Cruncher From Hell
    Uh, can someone loan me an AXP 1800 for while he keeps doing these darn recompiles?
    They send my production on my fastest box straight to hell.

But this is for his stats goodness.

The Cruncher From Hell
    stats are down for a day or so while the DNS servers move.

Thanks for the warning.

/me begins to shake violently... no STATS?!?!?!
    Hurry!

The Cruncher From Hell
    shouldn't be more then another day

Whazzamatter, IB? You afraid that someone, somewhere on the planet will miss your Roman-candle-like ascent into the upper reaches of distributed computingdom?

Naw... They are GREAT stats and I miss em already.
    Besides, with both the Dual and the Epox 8KHA+ being DOA,
    I am still missing a few cylinders...
    and I DON'T wanna miss it if guru and Dyyryath try to pass me !
    JTrinkle has warned me about their sneaky tricks!

The Cruncher From Hell
    they are back.

Thanks!