Thread: My idea for a website

My idea for a website

I absolutely DO NOT have the skills to do this, but I'm hoping someone will want to do something similar.

Sometimes people want advice on the best projects, the smallest projects, the projects where patience could get you really high in the rankings, and so on...

I propose a site made solely for rating the various aspects of projects. There'd be a 5-star(or whatever) system, and people would rank the various aspects of each project. Availability, does it always have work available, does it deserve more power, does it deserve less power, is there a special 64-bit app or other optimizations made.

Maybe people could have their own account so people could look at different people's rankings. I'm thinking there could be two email fields(to prevent errors) and two password fields(ditto), then some sort of captcha. More people would participate this way because they wouldn't have to run to their email program in order to continue to the actual ratings portion.

You could have your own page that tells the kinds of projects you like and dislike. Also, it would be a lot easier to find teams to challenge, which is always fun. Maybe it could be a separate forum from Free-DC with it's own moderators and culture. It could become what the distributedcomputing.info forum was supposed to be.

[I just realized I have to be someplace, so sorry for any typos or mangled concepts/sentences]

Blog Entries
    It seems you are posting this on a website right now that is doing most of what you wanted already
    Free-DC inspires the World of DC'ing and supports there needs in many ways

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    It seems you are posting this on a website right now that is doing most of what you wanted already
    Free-DC inspires the World of DC'ing and supports there needs in many ways
    That's very true. I definitely wasn't trying to dog the website, just sort of free associating about possible things to try.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Look in your profile and check out the Social Group options available these days

A moderator would probably have to create it initially, but that's not a problem..

I've not really looked at them but it might cover some of what you are looking for..

Bok