Thread: d.net "all teams" stats page

d.net "all teams" stats page

For the distributed.net projects (OGR-25 & RC5-72), selecting "All Users" correctly shows the local rank in the first column and the project rank in the second column (ie. there are gaps in the project rank for users on teams not being tracked here).

However, the teams aren't ranked the same way. Selecting "All Teams" (either overall or for the current day) doesn't appear to use the actual project rank at all. On the overall "All Teams" page, both columns are the same.

If this is by design, then I certainly have no complaints, but just wanted to mention it in case something wasn't working the way you had intended.

Snippet from OGR-25 page
    Code:
    1 1  Dutch Power Cows
    2 2  AnandTech 10635
    3 3  Ars Technica Team Beef Roast
    4 4  Free-DC
    5 5  moomin
    As always, thanks for the great work.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Correct..

There currently is no real way to do stats for all teams/users in dnet. They do not provide any kind of xml/csv or even txt for them, so I have to scrape the html to get the stats. To do this for all teams would be nigh an impossible and almost certainly would get my IP blocked ..

So, I just do some select teams.. when scraping the data I can get the project rank of the users, but there isn't any place on the pages which shows the team ranking I can pull, so I just use internal ranking for them..

That being said, I could do a seperate pull to get that data, I'll add it to my list of improvements for the new stats..

I can always add some other teams too, just let me know (note that a team leader can prevent their stats being shown at dnet..)

Bok