Thread: stats 'bug' may be fixed now...

stats 'bug' may be fixed now...

After many hours of deep thinking, I have a few ideas as to how the stats may possibly miss some structures that get uploaded. If my theories are correct, it would be more likely to occur for users uploading from many machines simultaneously. I have put on a new version of the server CGI which should remedy two potential problems which I thought of. If you suspect you are one of the people who has not gotten full credit for uploaded structures, please let us know now if you have the same problem. Basically, check your stats now, and then check again later (Important - make sure you always shift-Reload in your browser) and see if the difference corresponds to the number you've made since the last check.
    I think it was especially a potential problem for people who buffered a bunch of stuff and then sent it from a bunch of computers at once so if you have done this in the past and lost credit for some structures, please try again now and post a message here with your observations.
    Howard Feldman

Senior Member KWSN_Millennium2001Guy's Avatar

I tested this a lot today. I suspect I stressed your stats server quite a bit. I stopped and started my farm several times today to get all the machines uploading work at the same time. I am pretty sure that all of my work got credited correctly. Everytime I restarted the farm my stats would jump several hundred thousand units.

Thanks for staying on top of things like this Howard. You fixed it before anybody noticed anything was broken.

Ni, NI and Ni!